Books & Music The CD Turns 25 - so what was your first CD?

i feel way old right about now! I still remember when I received a cd player for my birthday the summer of 1991 and i could not wait to run to sam goody and buy cd's with the money my parents had given me. I bought three cd: Bryan Adams, Paula Abdul and Color Me Bad. I also bought a pack of blank cassettes so that I could record my cds and play the tapes in my car!

What a great walk down memory lane!

Oohhh, flashbacks! LOL

Well, the day I went to Best Buy & got my first & brand new CD player installed in my Dodge Daytona, I ran into to the store & bought a 2-disc set called "Summer Dance '96". I still have those CD's! Man, I thought I was so cool cruisin with the T-tops out & jammin to my dance remixes :happydance:~ Some of you probably don't remember Daytona's or T-tops for that matter. OK, I'm old:hrmm:

:biggrin:

Oohhh, flashbacks! LOL

Well, the day I went to Best Buy & got my first & brand new CD player installed in my Dodge Daytona, I ran into to the store & bought a 2-disc set called "Summer Dance '96". I still have those CD's! Man, I thought I was so cool cruisin with the T-tops out & jammin to my dance remixes :happydance:~ Some of you probably don't remember Daytona's or T-tops for that matter. OK, I'm old:hrmm:

:biggrin:

LOL, I totally remember Daytona's and T-Tops!!!:lol: This and my firsts totally date me! :blush:

My first CD was in college: Erasure bought in either 1989 or 1990 from the BMG CD club! :lol:

My first cassette was Def Leppard Pyromania, back in the early-ish 80s. LOL!

great thread!:tup:

WOW - I can't believe its been this long. Seems like just yesterday I was listening to the crackles on vinyl!

My first CD was Whitesnake's first album. I remember getting this in 1987 from my uncle for my 19th BD present. I was so upset - I loved the band but didn't know how to tell him I didn't have a CD player! Little did I know....that was my "hidden" gift from my parents.

I have had to replace the original CD, but it is still one of my favs!

Great thread!

First CD: the soundtrack to the Bodyguard (Whitney's "I will always love you.)

First cassette: Michael Jackson's "Thriller." When I was a little girl, I'd stand on my bed in front of the dresser mirror and dance to "P.Y.T." over and over--it's still one of my favorite songs!