The Cat House

Echoes

O.G.
Aug 8, 2008
Or I should say cat friendly house. :P

Has anybody done anything like this?

http://www.moderncat.net/2008/10/08/unbelievable-cat-friendly-house-design-from-japan/

I've thought about doing a couple of similar things like high shelves with ramps or wall-pass-thoughs.

Also thought about a screened-in window box of sorts mounted on the outside of a window that could be left open. I'd have to find screen strong enough for security, but fine enough to keep bugs out. Cat could get outside to get fresh air with no risk of wandering off.

Yes when I move I am going to get one of those screened boxes. I have a ramp in one room the cats use I carpeted mine and hired a handy man to put it up. I also put up a shelf under the back window. The cats watch me come home.

What great ideas... I love the little nooks and the screened window box. I haven't done anything like that, but it is making me think. Thanks for sharing the article.

i love it when people create cat environments in their house... passage ways throughout the house with holes in the wall... ramps up near the ceiling.... i wish i could do it!
also love the outdoor cat enclosures. maybe someday when i'm rich :smile: haha

however petsmart currently sells this little cube thing that you put in part of your window. it sticks out so that your animals and get the feeling of being outside. it's completely boxed in so no screen or anything but i like the concept.

OMG, the litterbox/toilet area is a freaking RIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the "catwalks"!! I have a ledge in my home that scares me to death that my cat either fell or jumped off once, I can't imagine building them on purpose!! If we ever move the first thing I want to make sure of is that no such thing exists. I still get scared to death every time our cat is up there.

But the "catwalks"!! I have a ledge in my home that scares me to death that my cat either fell or jumped off once, I can't imagine building them on purpose!!

Yeah, I thought about that too. My cat's pretty agile, but I've seen her jump and miss what she was aiming for and I've seen her fall off of things. My ceilings aren't real high and the runways would only be about seven feet off the floor or so, but still.

OMG, the litterbox/toilet area is a freaking RIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the "catwalks"!! I have a ledge in my home that scares me to death that my cat either fell or jumped off once, I can't imagine building them on purpose!! If we ever move the first thing I want to make sure of is that no such thing exists. I still get scared to death every time our cat is up there.

My one little crazy kitty would be hurling herself onto the shoulders of everyoen who walked past..and we'd never see her coming until it was too late!! :biggrin:

That is one awesome house design!!