The Cassette Bag!

Does anyone own the Belt Cassette? I've been swooning over the regular Cassette for a couple of years now but I took a look at the current bags I have and I just can't bring myself in purchasing a bag of the same size as the rest. I really like the shape of the Belt Cassette and I intend to use it as an on-the-go bag! Easy to throw over my shoulders while fitting my essentials.
View attachment 5397812

Does the belt strap extend long enough to throw over your chest like a fanny pack? Also, if its filled, does the magnetic closure lost integrity over use? Thank you all in advance!

A very late reply but yes, I use it like a crossbody bag most of the time! The magnetic closure still seems fine but I've only had it since July.

Three months is no time at all for a bag at this cost. I would certainly take it back to the store; for the cracked lambskin they will be able to freshen this up immediately with leather conditioner they usually keep in the store. If not they can send it to the atelier to freshen up. My padded fondant cassette was soaked in a London thunderstorm and the leather did not crack at all. As for the bonding, after only three months surely this cannot be "wear and tear" but BV reps (as with all luxury houses) will try to label it as such. Sooner they see the issue the better.
Thanks for your reply! I’ve taken it to the store and they offered me to replace/repair the strap. However, they told me that it could take up to three months so I decided to leave it for now. I also noticed that the same is happening on the other side where the strap rubs against the bag. So I assume it’s caused by friction. Still weird to me. Am I the only one with this cracking?

Hi!

I just got a men's cassette. However, the "weave" is a little bumpy (see photos for front and back). Should I return this or is this normal?

View attachment 5378687View attachment 5378688
So now that I've seen more of the men's Cassettes online, I can tell you this is normal. I was told the leather undergoes a heat treatment to create this texture. It is called Paper Calfskin.

Initially, I was not a fan of this look. However, it has grown on me and I recently purchased this Cassette in the Inkwell color. I love it so far.

IMG_3700.JPG