The Cassette Bag!

Purchased mine earlier this month!
37d96a15982ff10846682ca704299254.jpg
Perfect color!

Reactions: Miss World
I'd love to know as well! I've went on stores to check it out but still hesitating to buy it. I think it's gorgeous and timeless and very very lightweight but would love to have the opinion of those that pull the trigger!

Reactions: RT1
I've had mine for several months and love it. My opinion is that the bag is very durable and practical. Its still in perfect condition despite frequent use (up until the lockdown). The leather is very soft but doesn't show any scratches and as mentioned the bag is very lightweight. Its lovely to the touch, easy to get into and sits comfortable on my hip when worn either on on the shoulder or as a cross body. Definitely recommend if you want a smaller bag.

Hello, I just bought the padded cassette bag and I noticed that the edge of the strap is peeling off. I was wondering if this peeling on the strap is common?

Also, does the bag come with a serial code and a bottega veneta serial code card? If so, where can I locate the serial code on the bag?

Lastly, is the strap supposed to have a bottega veneta engraved stamp? I do not see mine on this bag..

IMG_7510.jpg

Reactions: Sora_V and RT1
Hello, I just bought the padded cassette bag and I noticed that the edge of the strap is peeling off. I was wondering if this peeling on the strap is common?

Also, does the bag come with a serial code and a bottega veneta serial code card? If so, where can I locate the serial code on the bag?

Lastly, is the strap supposed to have a bottega veneta engraved stamp? I do not see mine on this bag..

View attachment 4780206

Is it pre owned? Because I have mine since February and still looks brand new.
Mine is non padded version, there's no engraving in the strap.. but I think the padded has it.
There's no card, the serial is located inside the pouch. close to the zippper when its fully open.

Decided to go forward to purchase the cassette bag! Mine is the seasonal design with the contrast colors, having the white interior and black exterior. Absolutely love the leather on the cassette bag! Here are some eye-candies!

Just a short story: Fell in love with the padded version initially and thought the non-padded version was too boring. However, after trying the bags in store, I realized the padded version was too flashy on me. Instead, I started to appreciate the simplicity of the non-padded version :smile:
Image 1.JPGImage 2.JPGImage 3.JPG

Last edited:
Decided to go forward to purchase the cassette bag! Mine is the seasonal design with the contrast colors, having the white interior and black exterior. Absolutely love the leather on the cassette bag! Here are some eye-candies!

Just a short story: Fell in love with the padded version initially and thought the non-padded version was too boring. However, after trying the bags in store, I realized the padded version was too flashy on me. Instead, I started to appreciate the simplicity of the non-padded version :smile:
View attachment 4820326View attachment 4820327View attachment 4820328
you look great and it really suits your frame :tup:

Just ordered a non padded black cassette from Mr Porter. It’s my first Bottega bag. I’m a guy and most of my bags are Prada nylon so I’m not familiar with any animail skin bags.Is there anything I should be aware with this lambskin? I know it might be get some marks easily and definitely wear over time(of course). Would you guys recommend using waterproof products on lambskin bag? Much appreciated. Thank you.

Reactions: J.T. and RT1
Just ordered a non padded black cassette from Mr Porter. It’s my first Bottega bag. I’m a guy and most of my bags are Prada nylon so I’m not familiar with any animail skin bags.Is there anything I should be aware with this lambskin? I know it might be get some marks easily and definitely wear over time(of course). Would you guys recommend using waterproof products on lambskin bag? Much appreciated. Thank you.

I wouldn’t recommend using any products and just let the leather age naturally. Just avoid getting it wet because it will leave a water stain if you don’t pat it dry right away. My cassette and arco tote still looks good after a couple of months of use. Enjoy your new bag.

I wouldn’t recommend using any products and just let the leather age naturally. Just avoid getting it wet because it will leave a water stain if you don’t pat it dry right away. My cassette and arco tote still looks good after a couple of months of use. Enjoy your new bag.
Thank you for your reply. I will follow your suggestion and enjoy the bag definitely :smile:. They just shipped my bag from Milan after I placed my order few hours ago. Can’t wait. :smile:

Hi, everyone. I just received the bag, it’s really lovely but I’m not sure it’s normal or should be considered “quality issue” for this BV bag. One stitch on the strap looks uneven and the some threads end exposed. Also the back of the strap, I guess it’s side painting. It seems start peel off a little bit(very tiny).
I won’t mind a little “defect” as long as it won’t cause any serious issues while starting use it. Please let me know what you guys think. Should I keep it? Or should I send it back? thank you very much.
99B4434E-B739-4B52-AA13-ADC1FC14F745.jpeg2CB19D1A-60C8-4FF0-AE44-0339A90A2595.jpeg0BB63992-4EA4-4848-962F-E84F79CDFA6D.jpegA87E8D39-EC8F-4FCF-9CF5-602FF886A61D.jpeg68767ABF-5EEB-441D-AF48-10544028336E.jpegC24F512D-D16E-48BB-9706-ECB05021C266.jpegB29B6D39-B1F8-47A9-B10C-73A44897C600.jpeg9382EAA3-32E2-436C-9949-DA9CA97DA441.jpegE02E74B9-63CF-4BEA-B644-A84D7D8E8659.jpegE01CAB72-FAEE-4E36-AF66-429CE1985FD4.jpeg