The Calf Wallet: Brand New & How It Wears

1. I had been looking for a small compact wallet that fits bills without the need to fold them. I used to have a nappa french wallet and will like to try calf this round. After being told that it was not available for my country, I ordered it online and it arrived today. I like the subtle BV touch in the way that the clasp is designed. It looked gold in my pictures but irl, it leans towards burnished copper. Very beautiful. I thought the clasp might be weighty but honestly, I can hardly feel its presence. It is that lightweight. I will be updating this thread over time to share how calf leather wears.
    PicsArt_04-30-03.37.00.jpg PicsArt_04-30-03.37.42.jpg PicsArt_04-30-03.38.40.jpg PicsArt_04-30-03.39.30.jpg PicsArt_04-30-03.40.32.jpg

2. I love the buckle detail.

frenziedhandbag likes this.
  3. I love the subtle BV touch! Congrats and enjoy!

4. Beautiful!

5. Me too.
    Thank you. I trust it will serve my needs well.
    Indeed! Very simple in terms of design but somehow, I really like it.

6. great piece!! :tup: looks very nice
    congrats and enjoy!!

7. Thank you! I had been eyeing it for a long time. Just browsed and saw it is now available in Moss Green and a dark blue. Thank goodness I bought the black first otherwise I will be swayed by Moss Green.

8. i totally feel you!! :biggrin:
    thank god on my last i was pretty confident, i knew what i wanted, otherwise i'd be torn in pieces between all lovely BV colours!! (i got China Red french purse)

9. BV colours are so hard to resist. I saw another China Red nappa small wallet at the boutique and was truly smitten with it. Such a beautiful red. My options for this calf wallet was a tan brown and steel. I like steel as well but figure black will stand the test of time better so black it is. I just realised this is my first BV in Nero!

ksuromax likes this.
  10. It's very pretty. The simplicity is divine. I'm looking forward to seeing how it wears. Do you know if it will develop a sheen over time?

My very first wallet was a Coach buffalo coin wallet in British tan. I paid $56 for it in 1984. I stlll have it and it has the most gorgeous sheen to it. DH now uses it to store coin in his car.

11. This is so elegant--understated but classy. Enjoy it.

12. Congrats :flowers:
    It has a pretty sheen to it and although small, it's definitely designed to be functional.

13. It looks so simple but beautiful! I would love to see how it turns out as my Nappa French flap deforms after a while (likely because of the soft leather) so a tough leather is what I would target for my next wallet. Thank you so much for sharing!

14. I am curious with how it wears too and hope by starting this thread, others whom are keen in it can have an idea. I only read from PF that it seems more hardy than nappa.

{*thank you BV_LC_poodle, your post on calf wallets was the only one I found}

I used to have a Longchamp bucket bag in calf. I found it was quite resistant to scratches and yes, I did see a sheen starting to develop. It will be nice if this wallet does the same.

15. Thank you. I share your thoughts. The metal clasp definitely elevated the look.

Yes! Small and functional was my criteria. This one is so compact, I think it is perfect for pillow and clutch owners.