The BV Bug Bit Again

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello. It has been a while since I have posted in BV. I still love BV:heart: and wear the ones I own regularly. Beautiful quality bags with such an understated elegance.

I have Syma to thank for my Ottone Sloane. I had forgotten how much I loved it until I saw her pictures. Thanks Syma:flowers: I did not even know it was still available. This will be my go to summer bag. It goes with everything!

[​IMG]

I decided to try exotic bags this year and found a gorgeous frame bag. I love the color and texture of BV hardware. The snakeskin is so soft too:heart:

[​IMG]

The most recent purchase was the Platino Illusion Tote. The bag arrived and the designs on the sides were just gorgeous...looked great coming and going! The website said an 8" shoulder drop...more like 5" though. The bag sat right under the armpit. Uncomfortable in a warm climate to say the least. Then when I put my items in the bag it took on an unattractive bulging shape at the base. So sad, it had to go back. I really loved alot of elements of this bag and tried to love it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Love the ottone Sloane. What a gorgeous color.

3. Fabulous Sloane!!!!!! Love it! Congrats on finding your go-to summer bag already!

4. The next bag I am really interested in is a bag I saw on the BV site. BTW, spring/summer 2008 blew me away. Just gorgeous pieces!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only thing I am not too sure about is the bottom side hardware that allows you to draw the bag up into a boxier shape. I prefer the bag as in the first picture and wonder if the bag looks a little odd with the hardware exposed on the sides.

Attached Files:

5. They are all so beautiful. I really love the sloane. It's too bad about the short drop on the illusion. It is such a lovely bag. Thanks for posting the pics!

6. Gorgeous bags!!

7. Beautiful bags (all of them - the ones you have and the one you are now looking at).

For the last bag, generally the hardware on it (including the pouch with the key - there must be a lock on that side that you just can't see in the picture) looks like the Montaigne hardware... I do know what you mean because I think the hooks do look a bit strange all by themselves in the middle of the sides when you unhook them to make the Montaigne into a tote (which is why I don't do that...). But it doesn't seem to show the hook in the first picture and at that angle I would expect it to - maybe they have something to cover it up or it slips inside?

8. Samantha, congrats on the stunning exotic piece and the wonderful Sloane!

9. What fabulous choices. The exotic is TDF and the Ottone - well, it's simply scrumptious and looks wonderful with your granite too! Too bad the Platino Tote didn't work out since it's soooo stunning. I feel the same lust for the last bag you posted too but I'm on bag ban - I hope you get it so I can live vicariously through you!!

10. Many congrats! I think everyone here concurs that the Ottone Sloane is one of BV's best! And the snakeskin frame bag is so classy and elegant.

I too like the 3rd bag you posted - in fact - I like it in its boxy shape as it has that slouchy, "I don't care too much about my $$$ bags" look... the other way is more elegant though and shows the pattern better.

11. Wow! Congrats! They're gorgeous and look like perfect spring/summer additions. Hope you'll post some action pics for us.

12. OOoh cOngrats.. the BV bug bit hard~!... I love it all~!

13. Congrats! Love that ottone color.

14. Well Miss Samantha, when you said you were getting two BVs you sure jumped right in! I'm sorry to hear the Platino tote lost it's shape. Another poster made the same comment about that bag. I just love the S/S 08, too. I have my eyes on a couple of things. Seeing that Ottone Sloane takes my breath away every time. How about some modeling pics?

15. Oooh! That pic of the Pitone frame bag brings back good memories! I saw one IRL, and the skin was soooooo soft :love: