The buyer of my bag sent me the link to their online shop

OMG I sold a bbag and I was happy to sell it for the price it was sold for since its a used bag. I can't inflate the price to someone knowing how I treated the bag, etc. Anyway, today, the buyer sends me an email of their shop with used bbags and my bag is placed at full msrp. WOW :wtf:

Its just tacky, right? Why do I want to see my bag and others they bought on eBay for sale?

Yeah, the shop uses words like "pristine" and "excellent condition" and mentions if the handles have darkened. It doesn't flat out say "used" but its implied.

LeeMiller, you described what I was feeling... Bizarre! Its incredibly bizarre and creepy.

you can see if you want at bagpassion.com

I think this is common -- people get an item on EBay at a steal and turn around and sell it at a profit. I collect Art Deco wristwatches and have about 200 of them. I sold a few on EBay to a repeat buyer and then happened upon a Web site where my buyer, who specializes in Deco watches in an online store, was selling them for four times the price.

I was sort of peeved, but then I realized, hey, that's commerce. The thing is, it just goes to show that people do get bargain prices on EBay for items that are then sold as much more "upscale." The watches were beautiful and collectible and maybe I should have opened a "store."

This reminds me of that story about the guy who 'cracked the Hermes code' - he'd go around buying the Birkins at Hermes stores and reselling them at a tidy profit to those ladies who didn't want to 'wait'.

Yeah, I guess it's making a living. The buyer shouldn't have sent you their online web shop info, though - that is tacky. That's like rubbing your face in the fact that they are going to sell the bag at more than they paid.

Sigh. People.

:hrmm: I am just shocked they would send me their info to their bag shop. I understand people use thrift shops, consignment shops, and ebay to find deals and flip it but its like "haha, come see how you got jacked" :weird:

msrp= manufacturer suggested retail price

Its very weird and I hope that is the last of that bag. You would think after the ebay transaction and the positive feedback left for each other the matter would be closed.

I did use the money to buy a new bal bag :tup: