The buyer accused me!

Guys, so there is a Date Code on the bag, I read somewhere that it says where and when the bag is made, that means all bags made in that month, that year, that place will have the same code? Just curious...

And it's 11pm my time, 1am her time, still no email about the LV trip. Wonder if she didn't have time to go or not, I just hope it end soon and don't drag this any longer... While I am worried about this, my hubby laughed at me. He was like, you sent the authentic item, she got it, why are you upset? I have to say that his attitude makes the marriage works, sometimes, hahaha...

The date code actually tells you the week, year, and country where the bag was made. And you're right - any made at the same time and same place will have the same code. It's not really a serial number. On the LV forum, you can look up what the codes mean (what letters mean what countries, etc.)

Maybe she hasn't emailed you back because they told her it was real at LV and she feels silly? It seems like if they told her it was a fake, she would not have hesitated to let you know about it.

Just emailed her asking what the result is after the trip. Hope that she doesn't say I am harrashing her with my emails.
I nicely said "I hope this is a misunderstanding"...

Just get emails from her, saying that she is busy, the weather is bad, didn't go, and won't know when she will go but will try this weekend. The longer she drags it out, the more headache I have to deal with.

She called the LV store, this SA told her they can give a verbal 'yes' or 'no', but no written letter. So I told her while she is at the store, give me a call, and I will call the store with the number listed on the website, and talk to the SA myself.

Do you think it's good enough? I aslo ask her to email me pictures of the bag she received. She said that eventhough I actually bought it from LV myself, I might have just sent her a fake one and keep the origional one, that happens... oh well, why didn't they think about all these circumstances before they bid? I don't get it. I don't trust seller, than I don't buy. If I trust but get a fake one, I would have to prove first...

I am very sure about my item, I am just unsure if she is honest not trading what I sent her, I didn't tag my item, and she doesn't trust me. It's 2 ways trusting issue, hahahaha...

oh my gosh, can you guys suggest me to do something about it? Should I just go ahead and file a claim?

I asked her if she can give me an exact date when she can make the trip because i am afraid that i might be away from my cell when she calls and it doesn't worth the trip for her. I mean, they are not going to give her a written letter, just a verbal, so of course, i want to hear it for myself, right? And I said that if she is having a trusting issue, next time might as well just avoid buying big item like this so it saves me and her the hassel.

She emailed back, said she called eBay... Can you call eBay? I want to call them too but I can't find a number to call, so I only can chat w/ the live help. She said this... can she really request me not to send her email about this? I can't believe it... What can I do? Sit here and wait? I have my reputation to live up and seems like she is not in a hurry to verify thing but in a rush to ship it back to me...

x.gif
Q: I have a lot of other things to worry about then taking this bag to LV to be honest with you. T...
s.gif
show allshow all
Q: I have a lot of other things to worry about then taking this bag to LV to be honest with you. Taking it and getting a verbal reassurance of what I already suspect is true is a waste of a trip for me, but to appease you I said I would go. However if they cant give me written approval it is not worth the trip. As I said I would try to go tomorrow but I cant make any promises, I own my own company and I have a lot of meetings and calls that come up that I need to take care of. I can always have my assistant take it, but its not her issue. Thanks for your opinion but I will judge what I want to buy and dont want to buy, it is not my fault if I get sent items that arent as they say they are online. Thanks again, I request you dont further contact me unless I contact you, thanks.

You really have your hands full with this one. I guess you have to wait really. Unless you want her to just send you the bag back. She doesnt seem to be to concerned about getting it authenticated. She just knows it all. Sorry your going through this!!:s

OMG, I am getting so angry reading your thread. This buyer is a piece of work! You definitely need to call up ebay and give them your side of the story. That way there is documentation from you too. Of course, keep all of the emails that she has sent to you so that you can forward it on to ebay. At least do this while you are waiting for her to respond. :cursing:

Tell her you are not accepting her return. She will need to prove the bag is not authentic and provide a written letter. She will have to provide one for paypal and her CC anyway so it is in her best interest to get one if she plans on pursuing this. If she is TOO BUSY to go to LV , and since they don't provide letters anyway, she can email pics to
[email protected], and Caroldiva will provide a letter of non-authenticity- or in this case authenticity, since your poor bag, which is being slandered, is real!!!! caroldiva is very quick and efficient and she will provide answers usually that day and it only costs around $5 or 10. You can pay Carol diva thru paypal. You might also want to send Caroldiva the pics of your bag to prove the bag you sent was authentic, I know it sounds silly since you know it is, but it might be worth the money if it helps to relieve the situation and I would want to have all my weapons ready! I'm sure this lady must have time, since she is her own boss and owns her own business to send an email! I hope this turns out okay!!
Then tell her you will not be contacting her further, out of respect to her wishes (sadly it's best not to make crazy people angry:mad::mad::censor:smile: even though it's unfair. But ask her to please out of respect deal with this matter in a timely matter as it is causing you much distress and stopping you from using your well deserved money!
I'm so sorry! and please post when you learn anything

i'm sorry to hear about your dilemma but just a suggestion next time.. take a picture of everything together before you ship them out that way you have a proof in case someone does this to you again. *hugs*

I wish I had brought it instead, I am currently seeling to fund my own Trevi Gm, I hope this will be resolved, and the other TPF members seem to have some good advice

The passage in her email that says "I will judge what I want to buy and dont want to buy" shows that she has not understood the concept of ebay auctions. I think you are past trying to reason with this woman.

If she now is refusing to communicate with you, I would send one last email clearly stating that the bag is authentic, you do not accept returns, and if she wants to pursue this further SHE will have to present some type of proof.

Then do what ebay help suggested and file a claim. By waiting and not contacting ebay about this, I think you might be loosing credibility too, KWIM?

Sounds to me like she is not prepared to follow through because she knows she is scamming. You can always tell if someone is scamming by their responses. I lost the receipt. Scammer. I don't have time to go authenticate it. Scammer. Just don't worry about it.
And for gosh sakes, don't take it personally. There are thieves everywhere. They will still from anyone that they can.

Sounds to me like she is not prepared to follow through because she knows she is scamming. You can always tell if someone is scamming by their responses. I lost the receipt. Scammer. I don't have time to go authenticate it. Scammer. Just don't worry about it.
And for gosh sakes, don't take it personally. There are thieves everywhere. They will still from anyone that they can.

I agree if she was so upset you better believe she would have gone to LV already she is just coming up with excuses she's a dumb azz b!tch