The Brightest Light

Really stunning bag, Indiaink, congratulations! As a newbie to BV, would you mind sharing when the cabat stopped being made in the fashion you describe or, conversely, the years that it was made in this fashion? You mentioned that it isn't "today's cabat" by a long shot. When did it go downhill? Thanks.
It’s not that it went ‘downhill’, so to speak - but under Denn, er, what’s his name, Daniel Lee, the weave got wider until it’s almost a caricature of the original design. It was introduced in 2002 in small (mini), medium, and large; it was Tomas Maier’s first design for BV. The “Mini”, or Asian Cabat was made until 2011. When DL took over in 2019 everything changed.

It’s not that it went ‘downhill’, so to speak - but under Denn, er, what’s his name, Daniel Lee, the weave got wider until it’s almost a caricature of the original design. It was introduced in 2002 in small (mini), medium, and large; it was Tomas Maier’s first design for BV. The “Mini”, or Asian Cabat was made until 2011. When DL took over in 2019 everything changed.
I forgot to add that on the few DL has done that do have the smaller intrecciato, there's a backing, or lining, of differently colored bonded leather, which hasn't been allowed before.

Congratulations!!! I saw this on was so hoping it would go to a TPFer and I am so glad it did. :heart:
Thank you so much!
Whoop whoop! So glad you bought it. A PO cabat is one of the most beautiful BV bags ever created. Gorgeous!
I know, I keep looking at it sideways for fear it will just **poof**disappear! I think I will carry it tomorrow... oh, future car portrait coming right up -

There are not enough heart eye emoji's for that bag... :loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes: Congratulations on getting such an exquisite and unique bag. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: So happy for you. Hope you'll post lots of pics when you carry that work of art. :love::love::love::love::love: And you do realize that we are all insanely jealous of you right now??? But we still love you. As long as you sometimes post pics of that bag... :coolio: Congratulations! :hugs:

What Jen said!!! :nuts::nuts: enjoy to the max!! Fabulous purchase!!

E x

Reactions: JenJBS and indiaink