The BREAKFAST CLUB Re-Unites!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Its actually showing on the
    RETRO Channel, Thursday at 12:05pm and 8:30pm (CST)
    and ENCORE, Monday 6:15am, 1:05 pm and 9:10pm (CST)
    (I think it may also be on Encore ON DEMAND)

2. Ally and Molly look great!

3. I am amazed at how big Anthony Michael Hall got. He was such a scrawny runt back in the 80's. Who could have guessed that he had such a huge growth spurt ahead of him?

4. I still love watching this movie!

5. They all look great!

6. Wow! They look great! I had THE BIGGEST crush on Judd. I can't believe how different they look!

7. Classic! Loved this and all Brat Pack movies!!

8. Ok, random question.............Can someone explain the title "St.Elmo's Fire" to me? I never got its relevance to the movie. I know what the phrase means, I just don't get how it pertains to the movie. TIA!!!

9. I found this on Wikipedia

The title and subsequent song came from a quote at the climax of the movie, when Billy is comforting Jules: "It's St. Elmo's Fire. Electric flashes of light that appear in dark skies out of nowhere. Sailors would guide entire journeys by it, but the joke was on them ... there was no fire. There wasn't even a St. Elmo. They made it up. They made it up because they thought they needed it to keep them going when times got tough, just like you're making up all of this. We're all going through this. It's our time at the edge."

10. ^ Thanks Couture. I googled it once and wasn't able to find a satisfactory answer. The explanation from Wiki makes sense.

11. I love this movie...but, seeing them now makes me sad...everyone's 25 years older!! Yikes!!

12. the movie got a nice tribute in the movie "Easy A" along with John Hughs.

13. BC is such a perfect movie. It really showed an accurate snapshot of high school life and how people interact when not around their friends and cliques.

14. Do you know if they showed the regular version or the 2.5 - 3 hour "Director's Cut" that John Hughes had?

15. St. Elmo's was also the name of the bar they hung out in in St. Elmo's fire.