the brass hardware on my chocolate is chipping off

I don't have pictures sorry, my camera isn't working. the brass color is gone in spots. I called the coach outlet and they said to bring it in so that they could look at it. I'm taking it to them this evening. they said that the brass would tarnish but this isn't tarnish, you can see the metal underneath. I hope I'm making sence.

I don't have pictures sorry, my camera isn't working. the brass color is gone in spots. I called the coach outlet and they said to bring it in so that they could look at it. I'm taking it to them this evening. they said that the brass would tarnish but this isn't tarnish, you can see the metal underneath. I hope I'm making sence.

I know exactly what you mean. That is happening on the rose gold hardware of my parker hippie. And underneath it's just plain silver. It is happening where the clip rubs against the ring it attaches to. I was really disappointed, but I'm not sure there's anything they can do.

It seems like they're just dipping the hardware in something to get a different look. Instead of actually taking the time to make the hardware itself a different color. I noticed it with some of the gun metal hardware too. You can open one of the trigger snaps and look at where the metal makes contact when it's closed. You'll see a small spot where whatever they dipped it in couldn't reach because the clip was closed.

I guess Coach is cutting corners. A long time ago before I was a tPFer I had a Coach soho wallet I bought off ebay that I thought was fake because the buckle sounded like plastic when I tapped on it with my key. It went thud thud instead of clink clink. I took it to get authenticated at my Coach store and they said it was genuine Coach. I eventually sold it because I never could get over the plastic buckle that was apparently dipped in bright silver paint.

My chocolate Zoe with brass rings is doing the same thing. :sad: I'm pretty disappointed with it considering how expensive it was (to me at least). The gold coloring is chipping off and you can see the silver on the rings. I probably will try to avoid bags with the brass rings, just in case this happens again.

I couldn't make it to the coach outlet so they could look at my chocolate zoe so I took it to the fp coach store and the sa said that she would send it away to have the hardware replaced. she said since the bag was new, she would not charge me the $20 fee but that it would take 6 to 8 weeks to get the purse back because of the holidays. I'm happy that they will fix it.

i was going to ask about this a few days ago to see if anyone had the same problem! the brass hardware on my walnut sabrina is a bit chipped, and the buckle on one of my wallets is as well! it's really noticable on the wallet, it's all dark underneath :sad:

i have to take the sabrina in anyways, so i think i'll be taking the wallet too! i hope i can work something out, i'm really not impressed

I just sent my XL Zoe in for repair early this week. I too notice chipping of the brass hardware and the sealant on top of the bag was coming off and starting to fray. I was surprised that the hardware is dipped and coated with some thin layer of metal.