The Boston Bag, a couple of questions from a newbie

Oct 5, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Hi Ladies,
I am falling in love with the Boston Bag vintage web, and have a couple of questions. Does the bottom of the bag sag like the LV speedy when being carried? Does it hold as much as it looks like it will? Do these wear well and how about in the rain? I usually hang out in the Hermes and Coach forums, but came across this bag that will match my vintage Gucci wallet and now I cant stop thinking about this bag.

This is the bag I am looking at online pic courtesy of gucci.com
gucci.com/images/ecommerce/styles_new/201006/web_full/247205_FWCZG_4080_001_web_full.jpg

Thanks for any input or suggestions
:smile:

(hmm pic didnt post but link is there...oops)

pjlatte

Oct 31, 2010
Pj
I had a similar one without the stripe band in the middle and it did sag in the middle just like the speedy does. It holds a lot of stuff as much as Speedy 30.

GhstDreamer

Lady Philosophy
Authenticator
O.G.
May 13, 2008
Near carnage alley
^It's slightly larger than the speedy 30. My guess is the vintage web shouldn't shouldn't sag especially the leather - it looks like they used a pretty thick leather for that bag. It should hold it's shape.

Some members here have some modeling pics so you can always check those for reference.

aeonat

O.G.
Dec 13, 2007
A place calls Home
I got the canvas version of the vintage web Boston . It holds out the shape very well! Unlike the other boson or speedy ! Although I haven't uses my yet. But it seems like it won't sag as bad as my other Boston or speedy.

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
They seem to hold there shape better than the Speedys or some of the Bostons from all the mod pics i've seen but you can always stick a base shaper in any of those shaped bags anyway so there's no problem.

airborne

Jul 21, 2009
This bag is amazing IMO, it's very spacious, wears well and is convenient too. I wear mine with almost anything (especially for casual outings). I'm sure you will love it, I'm happy with Gucci's new selection. Good luck.