The Birkin story

1. Exclusive early access to the Fendi.com online sale for TPFers! To access, hit the link above, then navigate to Woman and then SALE to get early access before anyone else!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Handbags Inspired by Famous Actresses

The actress who has had the most impact on a handbag design is Jane Birkin, a famous model and actress in 1984. She was sitting on an airplane next to the president of Hermes (Jean-Louis Dumas) and he noticed that she was trying to handle a large tote bag filled with everything she needed for her young daughter. During their conversation, they started to design a handbag that would suit the needs of a young mother and the Berkin Bag was born!

2. Interesting story! Thanks.

3. I love that story :biggrin:

4. I saw this Birkin and my mouth dropped. IT's like $33,000.....eeeeeeeek!!!!

Thanks for the short story !:love:

hox2.jpg hox4.jpg hox6.jpg
  5. I agree now thats a bag! Beautiful!!!

6. I don't want a $33K one, I'll settle for Togo leather in a fun color.

Years ago, when I didn't know any better, I used to work with a designer in Switzerland whose wife was just the cutest thing. Always well dressed and just lovely. And she always had a different candy colored OSTRICH Birkin to match whatever she was wearing. If I had only known back then.....

7. I love the Birkin design...LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!