The Biggest Loser season 10

I watched too. It always bugs me how most the people have some sob I'm so fat because story. I just wish someone would stand up and say I'm over weight because I love twinkies, chips and whatever. I would think the first step to success is to own the real reason for why you are at that weight.

I watched too. It always bugs me how most the people have some sob I'm so fat because story. I just wish someone would stand up and say I'm over weight because I love twinkies, chips and whatever. I would think the first step to success is to own the real reason for why you are at that weight.
You know, this actually is a very good statement. Just get to the chase, contestants. I was feeling the same way when watching. We all have our crutches, but I guess some lean on them more than others. You always see them with their flashback moments in black and white of eating whole pizzas and piles of french fries. You don't see them sitting in the doctor's office with the doctor telling them that it's in their genes, hereditary or glandular. Fatness happens because you are out of control with your eating habits. I love this show.

Last edited:

A lot of people use alcohol to deal with tragedy. Some use drugs. Some gamble. For a lot of people food is their drug. To say that people are overweight because they love twinkies is a very simplistic statement.

You know, this actually is a very good statement. Just get to the chase, contestants. I was feeling the same way when watching. We all have our crutches, but I guess some lean on them more than others. You always see them with their flashback moments in black and white of eating whole pizzas and piles of french fries. You don't see them sitting in the doctor's office with the doctor telling them that it's in their genes, hereditary or glandular. Fatness happens because you are out of control with your eating habits. I love this show.

Have you ever seen the A&E show Intervention? It's sort of when they show the addict shooting up...

I HATE the idea of the yellow line being in the middle of the group! It's not fair, it's going to weed out the females one by one! And the older lady Tina had the highest % weight loss in the bottom 8 yet she ended up in the vote for elimination! I don't like this new rule at all..

Also Burgandy needs to calm the %^$# down! It's a competition, of course Jessica is going to try and cut in front of her to get the flag! There were no "lanes" you had to stay inside of, the fastest person gets there first!

I HATE the idea of the yellow line being in the middle of the group! It's not fair, it's going to weed out the females one by one! And the older lady Tina had the highest % weight loss in the bottom 8 yet she ended up in the vote for elimination! I don't like this new rule at all..

Also Burgandy needs to calm the %^$# down! It's a competition, of course Jessica is going to try and cut in front of her to get the flag! There were no "lanes" you had to stay inside of, the fastest person gets there first!

I didn't care for the halfway yellow line at all. It didn't seem fair. Aren't the men that started at 400lbs going to have a bigger percentage of weight loss because they had more to lose?

I didn't care for the halfway yellow line at all. It didn't seem fair. Aren't the men that started at 400lbs going to have a bigger percentage of weight loss because they had more to lose?
Their percentage of weightloss is individual so in that respect it is fair. Each person is weighed and they divide the pounds lost by the starting weight and multiply the answer by 100. Ex 20/200 = .1 100 = 10%

What is not fair is that men tend to lose weight easier and faster than women, so the men have a big advantage with the new yellow line. I also wonder if the women's menstrual cycle is taken into account, I know I go up easily 5lbs during mine.

A lot of people use alcohol to deal with tragedy. Some use drugs. Some gamble. For a lot of people food is their drug. To say that people are overweight because they love twinkies is a very simplistic statement.

Yes, I totally agree. I think many people who have battled weight issues deal with their problems through food. Sad.

Yeah, I didn't like that the bottom 1/2 was nearly all women. Those women don't have as much to lose as the men so naturally it is going to be more difficult. Not really fair. They should almost have a womens BL show and a mens BL show.

Yes, I totally agree. I think many people who have battled weight issues deal with their problems through food. Sad.

Yeah, I didn't like that the bottom 1/2 was nearly all women. Those women don't have as much to lose as the men so naturally it is going to be more difficult. Not really fair. They should almost have a womens BL show and a mens BL show.
Or they could have two lists and two yellow lines, one for men and one for women....

You should read the book "Angry Fat Girls - 5 women, 500 lbs, and a year of losing it". I'm only about 1/2 way through and wow, very interesting. I grew up with an overweight mom and my older sister is morbidly obese. The stories the women tell about how they gained their weight were enlightening. Even after reading only 1/2 of the book I can see why my mom and sis have eaten their way to the weight that they are. It really ISN"T as simple as I love twinkies. Much, much deeper than that.

I only watched a few seasons of this show because I think the way they have the people lose the weight is unsustainable and unhealthy. Although I give kudos to the people on the show because most of them are so far gone that it is more important to get the life threatening weight off and then worry about the emotional parts of why they got so big.

You should read the book "Angry Fat Girls - 5 women, 500 lbs, and a year of losing it". I'm only about 1/2 way through and wow, very interesting. I grew up with an overweight mom and my older sister is morbidly obese. The stories the women tell about how they gained their weight were enlightening. Even after reading only 1/2 of the book I can see why my mom and sis have eaten their way to the weight that they are. It really ISN"T as simple as I love twinkies. Much, much deeper than that.

I only watched a few seasons of this show because I think the way they have the people lose the weight is unsustainable and unhealthy. Although I give kudos to the people on the show because most of them are so far gone that it is more important to get the life threatening weight off and then worry about the emotional parts of why they got so big.
It most definitly is. That's why most of them gain weight back after the show is over.

p.s. that books sounds interesting!

I totally get that people eat for emotional reasons and comforting feelings. I just think at some point in your life you have to get to where you say hey I'm an adult and I have to take responsiblity for my actions and my life.

I totally get that people eat for emotional reasons and comforting feelings. I just think at some point in your life you have to get to where you say hey I'm an adult and I have to take responsiblity for my actions and my life.
Just like drug addicts and alcoholics - they need professional help to stop their behavior. They can't just quit cold turkey. Heck, even cigarette smokers need help.