The bigger the better?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. We have discussed in a few threads about the size of the bag and the body size. My view is: although I am 5'0, the bigger the bag the better...however I do love clutches . Anyway, when replying to the thread it made me think B.C.( before coffee) :biggrin: Do you girls feel like the bigger the bag, the more powerful you feel? I guess this is under the assumption that one of the reasons you like designer bags is of the status coming along with it. I know, I feel more confident, and powerful with the bag. However, I admit, I love logos too...I am 21 now and didn't start lovin bags until I was 18 (when I got my first kate spade on vacation in SF..I was in love ever since) Maybe, as I grow older,more mature, more confident etc. it will be a different situation..what do you girls think? Hope this makes sense...I was gettin a little philosophical and even felt a little like carrie bradshaw as I was typing...yea, I'm a dork :biggrin:

2. i like medium or big bags because they're in a better proportion to my body than tiny bags and because i carry a lot. also, i think it's easier to include more beautiful design details on a big bag than on a small one. i dunno, i don't really like logos. i usually resist bags that have logos on them. i only have one logo bag, and it's a speedy. usually if there's a logo fabric i like, i get a small accessory like a wallet, agenda, wrislet, etc. because fewer people see those and they're less flashy. i do feel more powerful with a beautiful bag, though :biggrin:

3. Yea, I hear you amanda..I agree with the idea of a small accessory having the logo on it..sometimes that does the trick for me:biggrin: However, I think in particular, if I am having a crappy day, or I don't feel good about myself that day, I like a big ol bag with a big ol logo to take the attention away from me and to my bag..:smile: Oh by the way...amanda have you have posted your purses? from reading some of your other posts it sounds like you have quite the collection, I want to see!!

I forgot to add in my post..I have this theory that the more pointy the shoe the more powerful one comes across, or one feels... I know that sounds SO ODD and no one will probably agree with that
    ( especially if you don't like pointy shoes)

4. i've never done a collection post, i feel like my collection is small and i want to wait until it fills out a bit more to make one. i should be doing that in the next few months, so we'll see what happens :smile:

and i :heart: pointy shoes, i always feel like such a badass in them. i can't explain it.

5. I like a medium to large bag, but the gigantic ones, no matter how fab, just don't do it for me!
    LOL Amanda! You badass!

6. I second that! :love:

7. I think this is a personal preference thing. If you like big bags, carry them. If not, carry a smaller bag. I personally like bigger bags. Not HUGE ones but a little oversized. I never like the feel like I'm stuffing my bag to where the zipper might break. I'd rather have an oversized bag that I know I get my things in. :P

8. I like big bags mostly because I have to have a big bag to hold all of the stuff that I want to carry with me! Also I'm not tiny like most of the girls here so I also need a bag that doesn't make me look huge or that I am just carrying a wallet on a string. I love being able to have everthing with me, I'm a totaly overpacker, but you never know what you are going to need when you set out for the day. also working for hubby, working for myself and for a charity I end up needin a lot of stuff from day to day. I also like to be able to carry a bottle of water in my bag too.

Until this year it has been soooo hard to find a big bag and not have to use a tote as the small ones were the popular style for so many year.

9. I like bigger bags. It makes me feel secure and I will always know there is room for more stuff.

10. I am so happy to see all the responses...this was such an early morning, spontaneous question...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice