the Betty

1. Hi ladies,

I am considering buying either a large Betty or a medium Paddy and wanted to get some of your suggestions on how each bag wears.

I think the Paddy looks better, but I think the Betty is more functional. However, having said that, I'm slightly worried that the Betty will get very heavy if you put a lot of things in it (hence, it wouldn't be a functional bag at all if I'll suffer from a shoulder pain from it!, LOL).

So if any of you can share with me your personal experiences with either bag, that'd be greatly appreciated! I am also curious if you can use the large Betty as a shoulder bag as well or if the straps aren't long enough...

Thanks, ladies! Excited to hear your suggestions...

2. Oops -- I guess I should have named this thread Betty vs. Paddy! :smile:

3. I have five Paddy's; I had one Betty (returned). The leather on the Paddington is much more hardy and durable - practically indestructable. Betty has softer leather and SoCal's Betty suffered a color transfer casualty (dye from jeans transfered to bag). The leather also gouged because it is soft, so you have to be careful with Betty.

I thought the small Betty's proportions were off which is why it went back to Nordstrom. It is a very cute bag though!

4. The handheld betty is sort of awkward to carry - the straps don't really fit easily over your shoulders and the bag is boxy. You should try the betty hobo style with a shoulder strap. Its much more user-friendly and comes in most of the betty colors.

5. Thanks! Cougess, is there any way you can email me a link ot the betty hobo? I didn't realize betty comes in a hobo style?

6. i have had hands on or should i say shoulders on experience with both. i have large paddy tote in whiskey, love it to death, except it kills my back..soooooooo heavy....i actually posted a thread on this. i was going to sell it... but then decided to keep it for a car bag..use it when im driving places instead of walking...then went out and bought hobo edith...like the look of satchel, but find it a tad bulky...it (hobo betty) is very practical..all those pockets really work well and it hangs nicely it doesn't have the pizzzazz of paddy, but is more user friendly

7. I think I read your post about the Paddy tote. I just got mine too and love it to death, but haven't had a chance to use it. Because of the size, I don't really plan to put too many things in it, LOL, cause I don't want it to get *too* heavy, but I love the style! Good choice about keeping it!

Thanks for the tip. I finally found a picture of the hobo betty, but I think I like the regular Betty. Maybe I'll just have to track one down and take a close look at it, hold it, touch it, etc.. :smile:

8. You need to check out both betty styles in person. I originally did not think I'd like the hobo style, but as was pointed out above, its a great bag and the pockets are really useful!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice