the best way to shrink cotton

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. i've recently ordered some really cute plaid shirts. unfortunately, they are too big, but they are 100% cotton so i know i will be able to shrink them at least a little.

what is the best way to shrink cotton? should i just wash in warm water & dry on high heat? ...i don't want them to be too small

and in your experience, how much have you been able to shrink cotton? ...i'm hoping for at least a whole size :shrugs:

thanks!

2. Hot Wash and Hot dry and hope for the best.

Or exchange for a smaller size?

3. Hot wash, low dry will shrink my jeans by about 1/2 inch.

4. It will shrink lengthwise but very little in all-around size. Exchange if you can.

5. I would not try to shrink it. Like plain jane said, it might just shrink lengthwise, or it might twist, etc. I would just return or exchange if you can.

6. thanks! ...unfortunately, I can't exchange anything. the shirts aren't too too big, i'll be careful & see what i can do with them!

7. try hot wash/hot dry IMO, and if it's still too big, gift it or sell it!