The best thing about "your speedy"

The Speedy B size 30 is my very favorite bag, so many ways to carry her, crossbody, shoulder or handheld. Very light weight (canvas). Holds a ton of stuff, looks great on.

Ok,

Soooo I was posting for a new bag - Ideally it needs to be kiddie friendly as I am on the lookout for something day to day and something that I can "dress up a bit" but not too dressy.

I am totally thinking from a cost point of view now to get a speedy (I have never owned one)

So.... can everyone give me their pro's or cons or both on the Speedy - I know the speedy B is also a crossbody which is ideal - but can you crossbody a regular speedy?? Also how is it carried?? crook arm??? I remember trying it when I went to Vegas a few years back but it felt way too little... I am 5.8, I decided on NF..

I am thinking of DE or empriente...
I would suggest getting a Speedy B. Attaching a strap to the regular Speedy might damage the hardware.

I have a speedy 30. Azur

my pros -
very roomy.
light weight, depending obviously on how much goes in.
can use the bag for dress up or casual (probably not formal though)
low maintenance, easy to clean.
strong and sturdy.

cons -
becomes heavy by the end of the day, but I think that's due to the two ways I can hold the bag, hand/crook of arm therefore would love a strap to hold cross body or on the shoulder.
can sometimes get troublesome when holding lots of things.
not very organised in the bag and find I may need to tip everything out if I just throw things in there (I can get pretty lazy).
I feel as though the Azur is only good for the summer/spring seasons in terms of colour palette.

if I was to ever do it again, I'd get the Speedy B probably in Mono just because I could have so many more ways to wear it and I'd feel the mono would be a bag I could use all year round. I'd keep the 30 for the size as I believe this is perfect for me.

all the best with your shopping!

That sucker (Speedy) can hold a ton, don't be deceived by the size, it can hold a TON! I think the Speedy B35 in DE would be the best for you, since it is large enough to hold your stuff as well as the kids, and also since it is in DE, you can use in the rain, shine or snow!

My personal con's for the bag is also a pro. The size of the bag can hold a ton, but you can regularly lose things as well.. An example is that one time, I stuffed my Speedy B40 for uni and was using it for several weeks and when I cleared it out, I found two water bottles and also some uneaten chips and also a jumper that I thought I lost.. I swear I could find the Titanic in the bag!!

Good luck on deciding and it is one classic bag that everyone should have!

LOL this cracked me up. :biggrin:

I love the fact that my mon mono Speedy is all mine. There are many like them, but mine is unique. Also, like others said: I can rock this bag with jeans or sweats, and also with nice slacks without looking the least bit scrummy.

I just received my first LV for my birthday from my husband....he bought me the totally mm but it was too big and my eye has always been on a speedy ...so i exchanged it this weekend for the speedy b 30 damier. LOVE!

I love my Speedy 25 DE. It holds a lot more than you would think. But if you are carrying items for your child you might need a larger one. Speedy B might be a better choice for you because it has the crossbody option for when you want it - you shouldn't put a strap on a regular Speedy because it isn't intended for that and can be damaged. I carry it in my hand or on the crook of my arm.

Ok,

Soooo I was posting for a new bag - Ideally it needs to be kiddie friendly as I am on the lookout for something day to day and something that I can "dress up a bit" but not too dressy.

I am totally thinking from a cost point of view now to get a speedy (I have never owned one)

So.... can everyone give me their pro's or cons or both on the Speedy - I know the speedy B is also a crossbody which is ideal - but can you crossbody a regular speedy?? Also how is it carried?? crook arm??? I remember trying it when I went to Vegas a few years back but it felt way too little... I am 5.8, I decided on NF..

I am thinking of DE or empriente...
I am 5'8 and have a child as well - I LOVE my speed 35 b de. I will admit that I love my speedy so much that I am thinking of getting the mono 35 b before the price increase in March. You will have no regrets with the speedy 35 b.

I love, LOVE, my Speedy B 35!! I also have a regular Speedy 30. The 30s can hold a lot, so just imagine how much a 35 can hold!!

I have an 8 month old and we recently went to Kauai to visit my family for the weekend. I used my regular Speedy 30 because I wanted to protect my new Speedy B before I really used her, so she stayed home. Anyhow, I packed up my 30 with some essentials: wallet, phone, couple diapers, wipes, some snacks, a few small toys, and my breastfeeding cover. Man, this trip definitely made me realize how much I needed that shoulder strap!! I can't begin to tell you how many times I said to myself, "Ugh, should've brought the Speedy B!" And, on top of that, I def could've used that extra space.

Now that I'm back at home and my new little love is treated and protected, I'm so thankful for it!! Just today I had to take the car in for service with my little one. The service was quick so we were going to wait. But with a little monkey, you still need to pack up, so my Speedy B was perfect!!

I enjoy that you can wear this bag over the shoulder or as a handheld (I prefer not to use cross body). I'm hoping to later get a Speedy B 30 in DE and Empreinte; I want a collection :biggrin:

Also noticed that some ladies have expressed about sagging. I use a Purse to Go organizer and made a "base shaper" out of a cereal box. There's no prob with the bottom sagging, but even with my organizer, sometimes I do have the sag on the sides when I use the strap. But that's only if I carry barely anything.

I've posted this photo earlier today, but here it is again for quick reference. I'm 5'5"... Hope this all helps. IMO, the Speedy B is a great choice!!

Attachments

• 1392970236610.jpg
    1392970236610.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 344