The best, most beautiful RED handbag...?

ibezj

Nov 3, 2008
Hi all.

I was hoping I can get some opinions for what kind of red bags to buy. I am on a waitlist for a Chanel Red Caviar jumbo (but still actively looking on *bay/bonanzle/etc. in case one showed up). In the meantime, I really need something red in my collection. I have thought about the red Chanel GST but I think it would not be a wise financial decision since I have firmly decided on getting a red flap and when I get the flap the GST would essentially be rendered useless.

In any case, I am open to any ideas that you may have. I prefer larger bags over smaller bags, but prefer small clutches to medium sized bags. I don't really like anything too wacky but am fairly open-minded. I prefer designs that are not often copied or "inspired" but like classic designs that hold the test of time. My collection currently consists mostly of Chanel, with a few Prada, LV and Miu Miu.

Thanks in advance for your help. I can't wait to read about the bags that will be suggested.

Thanks Hotshot, I know the red Jumbo is definitely in my future so while I am eager, I am not desperate. I am on a waitlist but will probably get one later this year or beginning of next.

Hermes is unfortunately out of my price range at the moment. Another point is that I am not drawn to the design?

I just really think a red bag (in addition to the future Chanel) will add a lot to my collection. Right now I have a bland combination of mostly black and pink (my favorite color), beige, brown, grey, a blue, a purple, and a yellow. I think a green item and a red would brighten it for sure.

I love searching for red bags! They are my favorites, and I am always on the hunt for a beautiful one. If you let us know some more details, I am sure that we will be able to suggest something even more appropriate for your needs. So...

- What's your price range?
- Now that we know what size(s) you prefer, are there any particular styles that you prefer (hobo, flap, satchel...) - any styles that you absolutely can't do?
- Do you have a preference in terms of hardware color or materials?

I look forward to the red bag search. :graucho:

Oh I know how you feel! I've been lusting over a red Hermes Bolide and while saving up for it I was still on the hunt for a temporary red bag. I found one of my all time favourites (Mulberry Ledbury) in red, which I know I will use even after I've purchased the Bolide. I also got a small Marc Jacobs multipocket in red from a reseller at a mere $100. As MJ has many shades of red in his collecion I guess I'd go for one of his designs - the Venetia, Blake and Multipocket will not go out of style anytime soon, and you can choose between a vast range of shades of red. And it is rather easy to pick up a preloved one for a relatively small amount of money.Good luck!

Hi Loquita!

My price range...I am hoping to spend no more than 1500. I am not a fan of hobos, I like flaps or totes because I can fit more in there. I think for me it's not that I don't like certain styles, it's that certain styles don't really go with my lifestyle need (OR what I perceive to be essential. I obviously don't need to carry around a box with various sizes of bandages but I am prone to injuries so I never know :P).
I prefer silver hardware over gold. I think gold hardware is just a tad too flashy for daytime use.

Thanks for helping!

I love searching for red bags! They are my favorites, and I am always on the hunt for a beautiful one. If you let us know some more details, I am sure that we will be able to suggest something even more appropriate for your needs. So...

- What's your price range?
- Now that we know what size(s) you prefer, are there any particular styles that you prefer (hobo, flap, satchel...) - any styles that you absolutely can't do?
- Do you have a preference in terms of hardware color or materials?

I look forward to the red bag search. :graucho:

Thanks Graciella, I will definitely start looking at MJs. It's not a brand that I know very well bag-wise (though I love Marc by Marc Jacobs dresses!) so I will have fun researching! Thanks. :biggrin:

Oh I know how you feel! I've been lusting over a red Hermes Bolide and while saving up for it I was still on the hunt for a temporary red bag. I found one of my all time favourites (Mulberry Ledbury) in red, which I know I will use even after I've purchased the Bolide. I also got a small Marc Jacobs multipocket in red from a reseller at a mere $100. As MJ has many shades of red in his collecion I guess I'd go for one of his designs - the Venetia, Blake and Multipocket will not go out of style anytime soon, and you can choose between a vast range of shades of red. And it is rather easy to pick up a preloved one for a relatively small amount of money.Good luck!

I like Ignes bags, there's a subforum for it. The best part is the customer service and customisation (check out the various reds on there: http://forum.purseblog.com/ignes-reference-color/red-pink-burgundy-color-pics-357445.html) so you can choose between specific leathers, silver or brushed gold hardware, suede or fabric interior lining...

That site is crack for me, I love it! Check them out for styles, but I feel they don't look as gorgeous as they do on the various threads of the subforum (or http://forum.purseblog.com/ignes-reference-style/ for rough guide).

If you like LV (I do myself!), you might check out the Vernis Alma in red?

All I could dig up quickly was a stock photo, but if shiny puts you off you could go for something in their red Epi leather?

vernis_Alma.jpg

I love red and the LV Vernis Pomme D'Amore is my favorite red by far.

There are a couple of bags in Pomme that are under your budget
1. Brea PM
2. Alma PM
3. Wilshire BLVD
4. Bellevue PM and GM
5. Sunset BLVD
6. Rodeo Drive
7. Rosewood

Or you can get a wallet that would work with your Chanel flap. I find LV wallets to be more durable than Chanel wallets.

I am also waitlisting for a Chanel Classic Flap in red but lambskin instead of caviar. I think the color pop more in lambskin.

Thanks! This bag is gorg! I didn't even think to look at LVs...this bag would be perfect. All the LVs I currently have are the plain monogrammed items. But I love this red. Do you have one? I wonder what the availability of this particular one is, how does it hold up?

Thanks for the great suggestion.

If you like LV (I do myself!), you might check out the Vernis Alma in red?

All I could dig up quickly was a stock photo, but if shiny puts you off you could go for something in their red Epi leather?

cdn1.ioffer.com/img/wantad/582/621/vernis_Alma.jpg

Thanks RPGBuff (may I ask if the RPG in your nickname standards for Role Playing Game?!). I will definitely look into LV's, I totally didn't think to look in that direction. I guess I tend to typecast brands by their signature prints, styles, etc.

I love red and the LV Vernis Pomme D'Amore is my favorite red by far.

There are a couple of bags in Pomme that are under your budget
1. Brea PM
2. Alma PM
3. Wilshire BLVD
4. Bellevue PM and GM
5. Sunset BLVD
6. Rodeo Drive
7. Rosewood

Or you can get a wallet that would work with your Chanel flap. I find LV wallets to be more durable than Chanel wallets.

I am also waitlisting for a Chanel Classic Flap in red but lambskin instead of caviar. I think the color pop more in lambskin.