The best crossbody bag?

abrunette

Apr 11, 2013
Hi, I was looking for the perfect small crossbody bag...There are so many, that I would like to buy them all, but I can't afford. In your opinion, which one is the best and can replace all of the crossbodys?

Sorry for my english though!;)

This is the best crossbody bag in my opinion!! It's classic & goes with most anything ! This size is perfect, not too big not too small 😃. This is the Louis Vuitton pochette metis.ImageUploadedByPurseForum1402841039.579793.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1402841053.422709.jpg

Depends on where you will use the bag (tropical climate? Strong sunlight and dry desert winds? Lots of rain and snow?), inside our outdoors, for work or for work AND leisure, if you are a Mom and need to haul your kids´s stuff too, whether you prefer leather or don´t mind canvas/nylon, how tall you are, if you want lightweight bags or don´t mind if they´re a bit heavier...

The more you describe the conditions of use, the better advice you´ll receive :smile:

Depends on where you will use the bag (tropical climate? Strong sunlight and dry desert winds? Lots of rain and snow?), inside our outdoors, for work or for work AND leisure, if you are a Mom and need to haul your kids´s stuff too, whether you prefer leather or don´t mind canvas/nylon, how tall you are, if you want lightweight bags or don´t mind if they´re a bit heavier...

The more you describe the conditions of use, the better advice you´ll receive :smile:
I'm still a student.:smile: But I found out that in my wardrobe there's not a perfect crossbody, which goes with everything, will be suitable for little shopping, travelling, visiting, going out for a drink and so on. I live in Poland, so the weather is variable. In winter is snowing, freezing, in summer is hot/warm and the sun is shining. I have no idea which one would be the perfect one. I'm in love with Celine Box Bag! And of course with Chanel flap bag, but this seems to be a little bit to expensive for me:sad: I will add that I love classic pieces!
Thanks in advance! :smile:

Hmm... we share climate, so I know what you mean about the rain and snow.

Do you have a Chloè retailer near you? I would suggest that you try a Paraty (can be worn by hand, in the crook of the arm, on the shoulder by the short straps or with the longer strap, or even crossbody unless you´re very tall) in the lovely goes-with-everything colour "Rock" (a kind of mid-greige), either size small (around 1.100 Euro) or medium (around 1300 Euro) :smile:

Also, if you like browns then a basic LV Speedy B 25 in Damier Ebene is supposed to go with everything, be impervious to any weather, and stay shipshape in any conditions (it costs about 920 Euro so you could thrown into the lot a charm, a wallet or another SLG!)

For me, the best crossbody bag is the one that's a bit softer so that it sits close to my hip.
At the moment I'm (still!) loving my Mulberry Antony which will hold a large amount of stuff, including my 10-inch tablet/magazine/A4 plus wallet, sunnies, small water bottle, keys, phone, small agenda and lipgloss&hand cream.
If I was filthy rich, I'd get the Hermés Evelyn and if Antony ever let me down, I'd probably get a custom made Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir, Balzane messenger or Roseau Heritage.

Hmm... we share climate, so I know what you mean about the rain and snow.

Do you have a Chloè retailer near you? I would suggest that you try a Paraty (can be worn by hand, in the crook of the arm, on the shoulder by the short straps or with the longer strap, or even crossbody unless you´re very tall) in the lovely goes-with-everything colour "Rock" (a kind of mid-greige), either size small (around 1.100 Euro) or medium (around 1300 Euro) :smile:

Also, if you like browns then a basic LV Speedy B 25 in Damier Ebene is supposed to go with everything, be impervious to any weather, and stay shipshape in any conditions (it costs about 920 Euro so you could thrown into the lot a charm, a wallet or another SLG!)
thank you for ideas!:amuse: I gotta check them more carefully.

For me, the best crossbody bag is the one that's a bit softer so that it sits close to my hip.
At the moment I'm (still!) loving my Mulberry Antony which will hold a large amount of stuff, including my 10-inch tablet/magazine/A4 plus wallet, sunnies, small water bottle, keys, phone, small agenda and lipgloss&hand cream.
If I was filthy rich, I'd get the Hermés Evelyn and if Antony ever let me down, I'd probably get a custom made Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir, Balzane messenger or Roseau Heritage.
thank you!;):smile:

I was in the market for crossbody as well. Here are my recommendations, but depends on what you want. I needed something that is good for everyday, decent quality, fit the basics such as wallet, sunglasses, pen, phone, lipstick, mirror, comb, tissues, and some basic items. Here is what I bought and how I use them.

Rag & Bone Pilot clutch: I use this everyday. Everything is within reach and I just need to lift the magnetic flap. The leather is good and sturdy, and it has enough pockets. The only downside is that since it is very rectangular the weight is not evenly distributed so it can feel a tad heavy depending on what I put in. But its great for heavy use daily.
http://www.shopbop.com/pilot-clutch-rag-bone/vp/v=1/1570381419.htm?fm=search-viewall-shopbysize

Salvatore Ferragamo: Medium shoulder bag, link is below. I just purchased this in a two-tone color and LOVE LOVE it! I am considering buying another in black for regular use since I bought it in cream which is for special occasions. It has lots of pockets, keeps everything closed so nothing can fall out, is excellent quality with leather interior and exterior, and has crossbody which can also be shoulder strap. I LOVE it!!! The brand is currently running a sale on these items in their stores so you can get 30% off, I think the sale ends in a couple of days.
http://www.ferragamo.com/shop/en/us.../medium-messenger-bag#pId=6148914691233586459

Loewe: I bought the Flamenco Loewe, but its a tad overpriced for its use.

Depending on what you want, if you plan to just carry the basics Ferragamo and Rag & Bone should be fine. Mulberry also has good crossbody bags, they have a sale too. I like Celine Blade too but they don't have a sale. Proenza Schouler has nice medium crossbody bags, I think its called small PS1. Some of them were on sale in Barney's. When I did my research there were so many crossbody bags that I was very confused. Ferragamo has a few but the one I mentioned here has more pockets, some of their crossbody bags don't have as many pockets. They also have a style called Sofia which is crossbody, has nice pockets, looks and works great and comes in various colors, but I didn't buy that because I didn't want a zip inside, I prefer just the flap.

So go to these stores and check the bags out, I am sure you will find something. If you don't carry much stuff, Fendi Baguette, and similar small styles may work well too. Michael Kors has some on sale too, including ones from their collection (Miranda Novelty clutch).

Gucci has a great crossbody/messenger bag that hugs the hip nicely, holds a good amount and is classy. It's also lightweight. I posted a pic a while back in the show us your sale finds in the Gucci thread. Online, the bag looks blah, but in person and filled w stuff, it's great.