The Best and Worst Hair on TV

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
On EW's PopWatch blog, Michael Slezak kick-started a surprisingly long conversation about the season's new looks -- here, your funniest style critiques

HAIR-DO! CHLOE (ALLISON MACK)
Smallville

After complaining forever about that helmet hair they gave her last season, this season is WONDERFUL!...The new bob she has going [is] very reporter-like!

HAIR-DON'T: JENAH
America's Next Top Model

BAD extensions. She looks like she has some kind of albino animal hair on top of her head. I can't believe even Tyra thinks it is a good look for her. She should win just for wearing it on national TV.

At least Saleisha's hair is shiny and healthy-looking; poor Jenah has, in the wise words of Michael Slezak, America's most broke-down weave.

HAIR-DO! PETER (MILO VENTIMIGLIA)
Heroes

I also like Peter Petrelli's new cut on Heroes. He's turned into a major hottie. Too bad the show is so stinky this season.

HAIR-DON'T: NATHAN (ADRIAN PASDAR)
Heroes

What were they thinking with the various hairstyles Pasdar has gone with? He looks like a greaser, and it doesn't help with that horrendous beard.

HAIR-DO! KAREN (NATALIE ZEA)
Dirty Sexy Money

It's Kelly Garrett meets Fallon Carrington meets FABULOUS!

Attachments

• allison_l.jpg
    allison_l.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 486
  • jenha_l.jpg
    jenha_l.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 825
  • milo_l.jpg
    milo_l.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 500
  • pasdar_l.jpg
    pasdar_l.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 357
  • zea_l.jpg
    zea_l.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 420
HAIR-DON'T: DR. CAMERON (JENNIFER MORRISON)
House
I HATE Cameron's new, blond hair. House said ''You look like a hooker...I like it.'' Well, I agree with the hooker part...but I certainly don't like it!

HAIR-DO! MICK (ALEX O'LOUGHLIN)
Moonlight
Best head of hair on TV? Alex O'Loughlin, the handsome star of CBS's new Moonlight. He has luxurious locks

HAIR-DON'T: LILLY (KATHRYN MORRIS)
Cold Case
The first couple of seasons, her hair was sort of messy and pinned back, which suited her character. Now it looks as though she spends a couple of hours a week at the salon. Not very accurate for a show about a homicide detective.

OMG — worst cut/style/bangs/weird pieces that hang behind her ears...seriously? My thoughts are — after Ken Paves wreaked hairstyle havoc on the models over at ANTM, he then paid a visit (revenge of some sort maybe?) to Kathryn Morris's trailer and well...you know the rest!

HAIR-DOS! THE WOMEN OF GOSSIP GIRL
Tremendous, sexy hair. Lively's got the long, full goddess hair; Meester's working the Old Hollywood femme fatale angle, and Kelly R's rocking the WASP mom for all it's worth.

HAIR-DON'T: NATE (CHACE CRAWFORD)
Gossip Girl
Holy Zak Efron! It's a frosted High School Musical hot mess.

Attachments

• gossipguy_l.jpg
    gossipguy_l.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 512
  • gossiphair_l.jpg
    gossiphair_l.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 382
  • coldcase_l.jpg
    coldcase_l.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 542
  • moonlight_l.jpg
    moonlight_l.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 450
  • morrison_l.jpg
    morrison_l.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 456
HAIR-DO! OLIVE (KRISTIN CHENOWETH)
Pushing Daisies
Kristin Chenoweth's new pixie cut...So much better and fitting with the style of the show than her shoulder-length hair in the pilot.

HAIR-DON'T: SARA (JORJA FOX)
CSI

A hairdo that always bothered me was Jorja Fox's character.... The part down the middle, no bangs, hanging flat. She never changed it, at least not while I watched the show.

HAIR-DO! TYRA (ADRIANNE PALICKI)
Friday Night Lights

Ditto to whoever said they loved Tyra's new short bob. She looks awesome with shorter hair! Emily (VanCamp) should totally try a short haircut like that. She'd look smokin' as well.

HAIR-DON'T: MANNY (CASSIE STEELE)
Degrassi: The Next Generation

Manny on Degrassi's blond thing with bangs. Almost as jank as the second season of Heroes.

Sorry, Kool-Aid hair dye does not make me want to shout ''Oh Yeah!''

HAIR-DO! PAM (JENNA FISCHER)
The Office

Pam's new hairstyle? So. Much. Better. Very Fancy New Beesly.
How about Pam letting her hair down? She's already 30% more unpredictable.

Attachments

• jennapam_l.jpg
    jennapam_l.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 956
  • manny_l.jpg
    manny_l.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 463
  • tyra_l.jpg
    tyra_l.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 716
  • jorja_l.jpg
    jorja_l.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 512
  • chen_l.jpg
    chen_l.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 340
DEADLOCKED! CHUCK (ZACHARY LEVI)
Chuck
I can't watch Chuck because I HATE his hair! Sorry but yuck Chuck.

I like Chuck's hair! It suits his character. Nobody that nerdy would waste a lot of time and money at the stylist.

DEADLOCKED! REBECCA (EMILY VANCAMP)
Brothers & Sisters
Add me to the list of those who hate Rebecca's bangs (I didn't like her Bangs of Sadness on Everwood, either, but those weren't as bad).

I disagree about Emily's bangs. I like the look. It's very '80s post-perm Goldie Hawn. And I think she pulls it off.

DEADLOCKED! LILY (ALYSON HANNIGAN)
How I Met Your Mother

LOVE Alyson Hannigan's new hair cut on HIMYM! I could have the color red or black, but I just think the style is so much fresher and hipper than she usually wears it. Plus, give the girl a break, she's been wearing her hair red since the days of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I can finally look at her and not think ''Hey, there's Willow.''

I really dislike Lily's new hairdo...it makes her cheeks look fat...and she is a really beautiful woman.

DEADLOCKED! SOCK (TYLER LABINE)
Reaper

I hate Sock's inverted triangle 'do.

Best Male Hair: Tyler Labine...Sock is one of the more underappreciated characters on television.

Attachments

• chuck_l.jpg
    chuck_l.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 401
  • emily_l.jpg
    emily_l.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 448
  • hannigan_l.jpg
    hannigan_l.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 677
  • sock_l.jpg
    sock_l.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 559
HAIR-DO! PETER (MILO VENTIMIGLIA)
Heroes

I also like Peter Petrelli's new cut on Heroes. He's turned into a major hottie. Too bad the show is so stinky this season.

^ OMG yes!
I don't agree with the second part, I still love the show. But yeah, when I first saw Peter's new hair cut I was like "Wait, when did that guy get so hot?!" :confused1: Then I realized it was because he didn't have the dorky emo haircut anymore:P

If anyone watches LAw and Order, the woman who plays (first name?) Rubirosa, Jack McCoy's assistant lawyer - her hairdo is hideous! Everytime I see her it annoys me. Were they trying to make her as drab as possible? Except for that awful harsh red lipstick she wears. Ugh who was in charge of styling that character?

For the most part, NYC local newscasters have horrible hair and makeup. The woman that does traffic on the CW network in the mornings looks like a stripper/groupie...seriously. Her name is Jill something. Just horrible.