The Belenista Coffee Shop. Come on in for a chat!

Oh my Bonnie! I remember him being a little guy! Time flies...but my he is a handsome boy!

Vannie...I think there was...honestly I have not been in the reference section in a long time!

Since they closed the other thread, I'll kick start this old one.....

Hope everyone's having a good weekend, I'm off to food shop and early Christmas shopping this morning, and I am so glad it's not snowing like last weekend was!!! Too early in the season for that white nonsense.

Herm - I love Christmas. I have done my recon of the shops and have roughly worked out what I am getting everyone. Now I just need to buy it and smuggle things into the apartment undetected. My DH and I are both terrible at keeping presents secret...we always end up opening at least one present early.

I am running my first half marathon tomorrow. Definitely going to have a nap later today and then have an early night so I am fresh for this tomorrow.

Oh, and Christmas shopping. I'm pretty excited because our youngest is in school 3 days a week and I've actually been able to get little bits done already. It's been years since I've been able to get out in the middle of the day to shop alone! Maybe I won't be relying on Amazon this year.:lol:

So how'd the Marathon go VanBod??

I survived my first round of Christmas shopping- I was amazed at how crowded the stores were! I think even one in my tri-state area had the same idea. But I got a nice jump on present buying- I hate waiting until the last minute.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Herm, the course was really tough with the steepest, longest hill I have ever run up just after the 8th mile and another slightly less steep hill after mile 11. 1500 people started the course and less than a 1000 finished, so I'm pretty happy. If the course had been flat, I would have been aiming for 2 hours 10mins. I did it in 2 hours 21 minutes. I was a bit of a couch potato 6 months ago, so I'm pretty happy just to have finished. Now I just have to stay motivated to run through the winter.

Bits of me are achy and sore but not as bad as I thought and I didn't get any blisters which is a bonus. I am going to slope off to bed early tonight, I think by 9:30pm I will be sleeping like a baby!

Anyone have any great weekend plans? Most of my family is out for the day, so I think my little guys and I need to pick up toys and do some other tidying. Not exciting at all. So I must live vicariously through you all!:graucho:

I wasn't sure where to put this post, so I hope everyone will see it. Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes y'all granted to me during my heart surgery. It was not fun, believe me. But I am home now, and my cats are on top of me, and my dogs are at my feet. I came home to this giant thing in my office with glass shelves and lights, and Serge is putting all my Echandias in it. That made me very happy. You cannot keep a Belenista down for long! Just let her put her face in that leather, and she is halfway cured! This coming week, since I am having good days and bad days, I am going to spend the days by cleaning and nourishing my bags. I noticed some "bloom" on my olive TM. Gotta take care of that! Thank you, my friends, for thinking of me. I love you all so very much. Kisses, Beckie
:heart::heart::flowers::heart::heart:

It is such happy news that you are home safe and recovering well, Moon! I can only imagine how happy your Serge and beloved kitties and pups are to have you home with them! Pamper yourself and go slow! Sitting with your BEs pampering them sounds like perfect medicine to me! :hugs: