The Beginnings of A Humble H Collection

Nov 8, 2017
I still can’t believe my DH and our SA made it happen for me this past weekend in LV! :eek: This was my first time stepping into an H store.

I had always been a sensible and practical person when it came to shopping for myself. My DH was always the person that pushed me into the luxe world of handbags. He was the person who researched Chanel on his own, and throughout the years, gifted me with 4 of those bags. I loved their classic style and didn’t want to stray away from that fashion house but DH said, “You should add H to your collection, ask how to get a B or K.” I would deny myself of H due to the pricepoint, and claim that I didn’t like H’s style just to get him off my back. DH remained persistent, and took initiative to build a relationship with an H store in Nov 2018 while he was on a business trip (a 4-hr drive away) since I was too intimidated to walk into my local H store.

His SA communicated with me about my wishlist. At the time, I only had sights for a Noir B30 GHW or Noir K25 GHW. He followed up with me saying that he didn’t receive shipment of those choices. I had other items of interest and attempted to visit him anyway at end of Dec 2018 but missed him when we were in town.

He then sent me my first offer of Etoupe B30 GHW but I declined. After much research, I told him Etain would suit me better but Noir is still first choice. I told him I was visiting first weekend of Mar 2019 since I still didn’t get to pick up my other items of interest. He said he still hadn’t received shipments of Noir but I insisted that I’m willing to be patient and visited him anyway.

I went in expecting to purchase a cute GP30 in Gris Asphalte and some SLGs. Then my sensible-shopping-self took a hike and I added another lovely item to my shopping bag. Then my SA says, “I have one more thing to show you and you’ll need to go to the back to see it.”

I left with a B30 in Etain and RGHW! I had been holding out for Noir but there was no self control when I saw this combination. I’ve been smiling from ear to ear since then and I finally built up the nerve to do an unboxing. Thanks for letting me share my story!

Attachments

• 9A190EE3-F30B-4BDA-A439-A8CD4CF8732F.jpeg
    9A190EE3-F30B-4BDA-A439-A8CD4CF8732F.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 1,035
  • 29CC2AAB-FBB2-43B7-9E1F-DE7DC34DE39F.jpeg
    29CC2AAB-FBB2-43B7-9E1F-DE7DC34DE39F.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 1,034
  • CD9C49E3-54CA-4981-AE4F-D8F0D66F2A47.jpeg
    CD9C49E3-54CA-4981-AE4F-D8F0D66F2A47.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 1,035
  • 5BFF5C78-21E1-4556-925C-4747311F37F9.jpeg
    5BFF5C78-21E1-4556-925C-4747311F37F9.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 1,044
  • D4A565E1-FA54-4840-99FC-465643571926.jpeg
    D4A565E1-FA54-4840-99FC-465643571926.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 1,042
I still can’t believe my DH and our SA made it happen for me this past weekend in LV! :eek: This was my first time stepping into an H store.

I had always been a sensible and practical person when it came to shopping for myself. My DH was always the person that pushed me into the luxe world of handbags. He was the person who researched Chanel on his own, and throughout the years, gifted me with 4 of those bags. I loved their classic style and didn’t want to stray away from that fashion house but DH said, “You should add H to your collection, ask how to get a B or K.” I would deny myself of H due to the pricepoint, and claim that I didn’t like H’s style just to get him off my back. DH remained persistent, and took initiative to build a relationship with an H store in Nov 2018 while he was on a business trip (a 4-hr drive away) since I was too intimidated to walk into my local H store.

His SA communicated with me about my wishlist. At the time, I only had sights for a Noir B30 GHW or Noir K25 GHW. He followed up with me saying that he didn’t receive shipment of those choices. I had other items of interest and attempted to visit him anyway at end of Dec 2018 but missed him when we were in town.

He then sent me my first offer of Etoupe B30 GHW but I declined. After much research, I told him Etain would suit me better but Noir is still first choice. I told him I was visiting first weekend of Mar 2019 since I still didn’t get to pick up my other items of interest. He said he still hadn’t received shipments of Noir but I insisted that I’m willing to be patient and visited him anyway.

I went in expecting to purchase a cute GP30 in Gris Asphalte and some SLGs. Then my sensible-shopping-self took a hike and I added another lovely item to my shopping bag. Then my SA says, “I have one more thing to show you and you’ll need to go to the back to see it.”

I left with a B30 in Etain and RGHW! I had been holding out for Noir but there was no self control when I saw this combination. I’ve been smiling from ear to ear since then and I finally built up the nerve to do an unboxing. Thanks for letting me share my story!

That's the thing about H - you know what you love when you see it! Enjoy! :smile:

Reactions: VietCatholicMom

Congratulations!
Stunning bag!

Reactions: VietCatholicMom
These are both great choices, it sounds as though you have a lovely DH but I really like that you know what you like/want. I think it's one of the most important things when shopping at H.

BTW, I think rghw really suits the Etain. The combos are really important on bags that have prominent hw. Both bags, SLGs and jewellery are fabulous, congratulations.