The Beautiful Black city club!!!

I'm a newbie and still navigating my way around you experts...I hope I'm doing this right typing my reply here...

Thank you SassyMonkey for putting my key concern to rest. I am now however, reconsidering my plan....$1,600 for a 2-year old pre-loved may not be smart than spending $400.00 more for a brand new one. Thx. again 😊
Hi Mandy4400:smile:
Yah, that's a tough decision...savings on a preloved or brand new??? I totally see your dilemma...However, if you do decide to go the "new" route, at least you'll know without a doubt that you are getting an authentic Bal from either the boutique itself or Neiman Marcus. I always seem to get giddy when I get it directly from the boutique. :graucho:
Good luck and I hope you find the one that you're looking for!!!:woohoo:

Everyone has such beautiful bags!

Here is mine - Balenciaga Black City RH S/S 2008

PhotoBalenciaga_City_zpsebxkifnv.jpg

PhotoBalenciaga_Outfit_zpsbigc4yhx.jpg

Reactions: Angelblake
Everyone has such beautiful bags!

Here is mine - Balenciaga Black City RH S/S 2008

PhotoBalenciaga_City_zpsebxkifnv.jpg

PhotoBalenciaga_Outfit_zpsbigc4yhx.jpg

Oh my, the leather has aged beautifully! So supple and squishy! :loveeyes:

My 2 favorite cities leather & Suede

I saw a young lady today wearing a black Suede City like yours, and i wanted to cry, it was so beautiful! Are these Suede versions still available in boutiques? I really would consider buying one!

Finally joining this club with my metal edge city, so proud!!

Lovely bag! I just purchased the Metallic Edge Velo but would love to add the Metallic Edge City as well. The leather is beautiful.

Here is my new black Balenciaga City bag with Giant 12 Gold Hardware purchased today. The store had several City bags in stock ranging from 2013 to 2015, but the leather on this 2014 one was the nicest and it was just calling my name. I am so in love :love:

So far i have a navy blue Balenciaga Metallic Edge Velo and this black City, but I can't wait to add more Balenciaga's to my collection. I would love a regular hardware City or Velo. Maybe a Work and Part time too hahaha :graucho: I feel a Balenciaga addiction coming on. :biggrin:

Attachments

• bg12city tpf.jpg
    bg12city tpf.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 1,116
Here is my new black Balenciaga City bag with Giant 12 Gold Hardware purchased today. The store had several City bags in stock ranging from 2013 to 2015, but the leather on this 2014 one was the nicest and it was just calling my name. I am so in love :love:

So far i have a navy blue Balenciaga Metallic Edge Velo and this black City, but I can't wait to add more Balenciaga's to my collection. I would love a regular hardware City or Velo. Maybe a Work and Part time too hahaha :graucho: I feel a Balenciaga addiction coming on. :biggrin:

That is a gorgeous black--very jet black. LOVE it! Congrats. [emoji122]🏼

Reading this thread and watching old pics,I noted that black of the past years was in many bags more mat,light,quite a dark grey..my new city with mggh instead is really black,deep black,without grey nor blue tones,with a shiny leather..maybe too much??
do you think is because of gold hw?or is the leather really different from the past?mine is ss2014 city,similar to 2013,it's agneu..but it seems similar to chevre,don't you think?? I loved her when I saw this city in boutique but now I'm considering if it wasn't better a softer and mat leather..:confused1:
View attachment 2417940
View attachment 2417941

What do you think about this leather and black? thanks for opinions:smile:

I purchased my first Balenciaga City bag today and i feel the exact same way as you. My City is also from the 2014 collection and it is super black. It is Agneu leather but it had the look of a Chevre goatskin bag, that is why i bought it and love it. I think everyone has different tastes when it comes to the Balenciaga leather. Some people like thick and structured, whilst other people like when their bags get more and more slouchy and older. I think it is personal choice, either way the Balenciaga City is a classic bag.

I think your bag is absolutely stunning and i hope you love it too! :smile:

That is a gorgeous black--very jet black. LOVE it! Congrats. [emoji122]��

Thank you so much Mendezhm! :flowers: It is very dark jet black, it was the darkest City bag they had in stock. I want another Balenciaga now too. :cloud9:

Last edited:
Has anyone purchased from mytheresa.com ? And can you tell me if they are authentic? I'm after a black city with mGGH in the chèvre leather, but it looks like they only have agneau, has the chèvre been discontinued? Sorry, have not been following balenciaga in a while and I'm not sure what has changed.