The Beautiful Bayswater Club...

Hi Mulberry fans of past and present,

I'd appreciate your advice or thoughts on whether I should proceed with sending in a recently purchased preloved Bayswater in NVT for repairs ... or to return it and get a brand new Bayswater in the small classic grain leather.

I love the NVT leather. It just feels more high quality to me and like it has a story to tell ... and I actually find it kind of fun and therapeutic to do the leather conditioning (I have other Mulberry bags in NVT leather). It will be a pain for me to return the preloved Bayswater and it seems like I will not get a refund on the hefty international shipping fee. If I keep this preloved bag, I will need to spend additional money (which I was not expecting to have to do) to get both handles replaced and the edges re-inked. Otherwise, the rest of the bag is in lovely condition.

I don't have a Mulberry store in my area. The only time I got to touch a small class grain leather bag was during a recent trip abroad. I thought it was ... stiff and plastic-y looking? But I see the pros of having a tough bag in this type of new leather that can stand up to my being a working mom with a little one ... and I live in an area that is misty/rainy 9 months of the year.

Not sure what to do. I need to decide soon because I only have a small window of time to return the preloved bag for a full refund (minus the big international shipping fee that I will be so bummed to lose).

Thanks for your advice or thoughts!

Hi Mulberry fans of past and present,

I'd appreciate your advice or thoughts on whether I should proceed with sending in a recently purchased preloved Bayswater in NVT for repairs ... or to return it and get a brand new Bayswater in the small classic grain leather.

I love the NVT leather. It just feels more high quality to me and like it has a story to tell ... and I actually find it kind of fun and therapeutic to do the leather conditioning (I have other Mulberry bags in NVT leather). It will be a pain for me to return the preloved Bayswater and it seems like I will not get a refund on the hefty international shipping fee. If I keep this preloved bag, I will need to spend additional money (which I was not expecting to have to do) to get both handles replaced and the edges re-inked. Otherwise, the rest of the bag is in lovely condition.

I don't have a Mulberry store in my area. The only time I got to touch a small class grain leather bag was during a recent trip abroad. I thought it was ... stiff and plastic-y looking? But I see the pros of having a tough bag in this type of new leather that can stand up to my being a working mom with a little one ... and I live in an area that is misty/rainy 9 months of the year.

Not sure what to do. I need to decide soon because I only have a small window of time to return the preloved bag for a full refund (minus the big international shipping fee that I will be so bummed to lose).

Thanks for your advice or thoughts!
I would stick with the NVT Bayswater which really is a much better leather and ages more beautifully. The small classic grain is a tough leather (and is plastic-y/processed looking especially when compared to NVT) but the handles and piping are no stronger than the NVT's, so if you are planning on using your bag a lot with a little one, eventually a Bayswater in the small classic grain will also need attention in those areas. So you might as well pay to get the NVT sorted knowing that you what you will get in return is a beautiful looking bag that will age magnificently and will give you much more pleasure over the longer term and provide better value for your money.

I ended up shipping the preowned Bayswater back overseas for the partial refund. Having to mail it back and forth out-of-state for repairs just seemed too much of a hassle.

Back to square one in my search for a neutral colored Heritage Bayswater to add to my Mulberry collection.

Any advice on which leather currently available on the Mulberry website is most similar to the NVT? I love how my Bayswater Oak NVT has aged so beautifully. The leather is so durable and thick yet soft. There’s a Lancaster Red Glossy NVT on the Mulberry website but it’s too shiny for my taste.

Sadly the nearest Mulberry store is an airplane ride away so I can only rely on experience and advice from the Mulberry Clubhouse members. Thanks in advance!

I have this beautiful Silky Snake dusky pink bayswater with rose gold hatdwear. I adore her, but despite having owned her for almost 10 years I've only used it once or twice, it's just too big for me :sad: I'd like to sell it but have no idea how/where I can do this and what I could get for it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you. Also advice on a smaller cross body type bag to replace would be great!

IMG_9843 Small.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: marcott2 and weezer
I just bought this Bayswater. I think the colour is Onion and it's High Pebbled Patent. Never heard about this kind of leather. Anyone care to share about pros and cons this type of leather? Sorry to ask here but couldn't find authentication thread. Want to check if anyone can tell me if it's fake or real. It feels and looks real 😄 but I'm not really familiar with Bayswater. Also the tag has SJ instead numbers? TIA.

Attachments

• 20231031_105033.jpg
    20231031_105033.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20231030_222219.jpg
    20231030_222219.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20231030_222224.jpg
    20231030_222224.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20231030_222317.jpg
    20231030_222317.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20231030_222328.jpg
    20231030_222328.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20231030_222358.jpg
    20231030_222358.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: weezer
I just bought this Bayswater. I think the colour is Onion and it's High Pebbled Patent. Never heard about this kind of leather. Anyone care to share about pros and cons this type of leather? Sorry to ask here but couldn't find authentication thread. Want to check if anyone can tell me if it's fake or real. It feels and looks real 😄 but I'm not really familiar with Bayswater. Also the tag has SJ instead numbers? TIA.
This is not the authentication thread, but I have this same bag in a small size (small Bayswater satchel) and the leather is definitely durable, perfect for fall and winter. Hope this helps. :smile:

Hi all :wave: I'm finally wanting to add a classic Bayswater to my collection and was wondering how versatile you find yours?

I'm ideally wanting to use it as a general tote, hand luggage, day out bag if I need to carry lots, laptop bag, etc. - basically a tote for everything for when I need to carry more than the essentials. Do you think the Bayswater would be good for this? I don't really like the classic tote style, so I think this is a nice compromise because it looks a little smarter.

Also looking to get in a fun colour and have found a beautiful Jungle Green one that I'm eyeing up!

TIA!

Hi all :wave: I'm finally wanting to add a classic Bayswater to my collection and was wondering how versatile you find yours?

I'm ideally wanting to use it as a general tote, hand luggage, day out bag if I need to carry lots, laptop bag, etc. - basically a tote for everything for when I need to carry more than the essentials. Do you think the Bayswater would be good for this? I don't really like the classic tote style, so I think this is a nice compromise because it looks a little smarter.

Also looking to get in a fun colour and have found a beautiful Jungle Green one that I'm eyeing up!

TIA!
The classic Bayswater is a very versatile bag for sure, and can pretty much carry most things - I have had one since 2010 in one of the original Mulberry leathers - Congo, and it's as gorgeous as the day I purchased it, has been used as an everyday, work and days out bag for years in rain and snow, and I always tended to wear mine as a shoulder bag rather than hand held. However, this is a heavy bag even when empty - so the more you stuff it the more heavy it will be, I rarely use it these days because of its weight - but if you don't mind bags that have a lot of weight it will be perfect for your needs. Having said all that, mine's an older version meaning it's fully leather lined with no microfibre lining which I think the ones Mulberry makes these days have - but if they're suede lined or have just the underside of the leather as lining they're likely to still be heavy. The leather on mine is super thick, scratch-proof, high quality and indestructible leather. I would say with the classic Bayswater, try before you buy!

The classic Bayswater is a very versatile bag for sure, and can pretty much carry most things - I have had one since 2010 in one of the original Mulberry leathers - Congo, and it's as gorgeous as the day I purchased it, has been used as an everyday, work and days out bag for years in rain and snow, and I always tended to wear mine as a shoulder bag rather than hand held. However, this is a heavy bag even when empty - so the more you stuff it the more heavy it will be, I rarely use it these days because of its weight - but if you don't mind bags that have a lot of weight it will be perfect for your needs. Having said all that, mine's an older version meaning it's fully leather lined with no microfibre lining which I think the ones Mulberry makes these days have - but if they're suede lined or have just the underside of the leather as lining they're likely to still be heavy. The leather on mine is super thick, scratch-proof, high quality and indestructible leather. I would say with the classic Bayswater, try before you buy!

Thank you so much for such a great response! I have tried the classic Bayswater on so many times and had never found a colour I was in love with. I purchased a Jungle Green Bays last night and can not wait for it to arrive :blush: would love to see your Bayswater!

Thank you so much for such a great response! I have tried the classic Bayswater on so many times and had never found a colour I was in love with. I purchased a Jungle Green Bays last night and can not wait for it to arrive :blush: would love to see your Bayswater!
You're welcome, I always appreciate in-depth responses about bags I'm considering adding to the collection! Oh great choice, a green Bayswater will be wonderful and the Jungle Green is lovely, enjoy and don't forget to post a picture. Here's my 14 year old Bayswater which has never been polished or conditioned with any type of cream or gel as it simply hasn't needed it, yet the leather keeps getting better and better with a natural sheen from wear:Bayswater1.jpg

Reactions: ivdw and VCAforever