The Bbag Chat Room

I know there's been some talk recently on another thread here about Fashionphile "punching up" the color on pics so they appear more vibrant, but can we talk about how they rank condition?
https://www.fashionphile.com/p/bale...2-gold-hardware-mini-city-ultraviolet-1161230
This poor thing is so faded/dehydrated we practically need to give it an I.V. of Leather Honey, there are multiple stains including that brown smear down the front, the corners have very visible wear/holes, the edge coating is cracking off and the mirror is missing.
Yet this is "very good"?
(I will say in their defense I got a Rubisse Work listed as "very good" and it was flawless, so they don't miss the mark consistently in ranking condition, but whomever did this one needs a new set of glasses...)

I know there's been some talk recently on another thread here about Fashionphile "punching up" the color on pics so they appear more vibrant, but can we talk about how they rank condition?
https://www.fashionphile.com/p/bale...2-gold-hardware-mini-city-ultraviolet-1161230
This poor thing is so faded/dehydrated we practically need to give it an I.V. of Leather Honey, there are multiple stains including that brown smear down the front, the corners have very visible wear/holes, the edge coating is cracking off and the mirror is missing.
Yet this is "very good"?
(I will say in their defense I got a Rubisse Work listed as "very good" and it was flawless, so they don't miss the mark consistently in ranking condition, but whomever did this one needs a new set of glasses...)
Do they actually have a lower rating than "very good"? Everything seems to qualify.

Reactions: IntheOcean
Do they actually have a lower rating than "very good"? Everything seems to qualify.
I've seen the more beat up bags listed as "good" and back when they used to have an outlet page they'd put some of the most worn ones under "fair" (I think).
Edit to add:
They have a 2014 Mini City listed as "good" that was dyed black from Rose Azalea and that's $945, which is insane IMO.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: IntheOcean and Deco
Yet this is "very good"?
Good to also note that many times the mannequin modeling photos in FP listings don't show the exact bag, but one of similar dimension/color. There's no way the rich juicy bag worn by the mannequin is the same one for sale in that listing.

• Wow
Reactions: sdkitty
Yet this is "very good"?
Agreed! It is so erratic. Most everything lately is deemed Very Good or higher. They had a City a few months ago labeled “Like New “ with fading, rubbing, and a spot/stain on the corner. Makes me leery to order from them. I know it’s free returns, but that’s still a hassle.

Reactions: Deco
How do y’all resist posting “fake, fake, fakefakefake” (think Elaine on Seinfeld; bonus points if you get the reference) on all the listings on Poshmark going into great made-up details about the bag’s pedigree? It’s infuriating.

• Haha
Reactions: chowlover2
How do y’all resist posting “fake, fake, fakefakefake” (think Elaine on Seinfeld; bonus points if you get the reference) on all the listings on Poshmark going into great made-up details about the bag’s pedigree? It’s infuriating.
Funny you mention that…not quite the same, but came across a couple bags on there where Ceejay had commented about pricing more jn line with the bags condition. It was amazing.

Reactions: Deco and JenJBS
Ha! Even more infuriating when a while back I bought an authentic oldie, and they shipped it back to the seller, in spite of tons of info I sent to help them authenticate it. It was maddening. So yes, all those obvious fakes make me gnash my teeth. Even more so when they say “reposhed,” revealing it’s the second time it’s for sale. :faint:

I think I've seen every episode of seinfeld multiple times (DH loves to watch it) but I don't get your reference

Ha! Even more infuriating when a while back I bought an authentic oldie, and they shipped it back to the seller, in spite of tons of info I sent to help them authenticate it. It was maddening. So yes, all those obvious fakes make me gnash my teeth. Even more so when they say “reposhed,” revealing it’s the second time it’s for sale. :faint:
This JUST happened to me with VC where they “authenticated” a vintage bag incorrectly and cancelled my order. They would not even give me the sellers info on VC so I could reach out about the actually authentic bag. So frustrating.

This JUST happened to me with VC where they “authenticated” a vintage bag incorrectly and cancelled my order. They would not even give me the sellers info on VC so I could reach out about the actually authentic bag. So frustrating.
It can be soooo frustrating. All you can do is hope she lists it somewhere else. :sad:

Reactions: reovi