The battle of totes.

LV Neverfull . Unbreakable. No wonder it has so much success!
I don't like Goyard. I find it expensive for what it is.
As for the Double Sens I think it ´s a wonderful bag though it´s rather heavy.

I have a Neverfull and GST and would pick the NF hands down. The GST is pretty with great organisation inside, but I find it heavy to carry. The NF is light and comfortable and I love that the canvas makes it practically indestructible. I don't know the other styles you mention so can't comment on those, but my vote would definitely be for the NF.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Double Sens. I've used it almost daily for 6 months and I love love love it. The leather is the most beautiful both new and as it wears, and while I've heard feedback that it is a bit heavy, I don't find it too heavy myself. Quite a few DS users use theirs as the daily workhorse loaded up without any problems. The width of the handles actually distributes the weight better than other bags. The fact that its reversible means that its just as stunning inside (if not more so) than it is outside so you do get two bags in one, and it takes a lot more than say the Celine option which is apparently flimsy in comparison and the handles can stretch. I've gotten so many compliments from it - more than my Kelly or Lindy. I also like how there is no hardware; just sleek, simple, and all about the leather and craftsmanship. This is the big mark against the Chanel for me (I'm not a fan of too much hardware for everyday) and I rarely use mine because for the size I cant fit nearly as much as the DS.

Whilst I don't have a NF, I do have a couple of Speedys in the Damier Ebene, and find Vuitton's prints not as user friendly - in that I wouldn't take a 'logoed' bag to some work situations that I would easily be able to take a plain bag like the Double Sens to. Same principle for the Goyard.

It really depends what your priorities and preferences are but there is also a big price difference between them all. Best of luck and let us know how you go.

I love my dior panera she's really held up despite the beating i've put her through and loaded her up quite heavy and haven't had any problems. from that list i would get a goyard st.louis if i had the extra funds available haha

I love my Goyard St. Louis. You cannot buy Goyard online and there are no retailers that sell it in Canada, so I love the exclusivity of my tote and it always gets recognized and complimented by those with discerning taste. It is a very sturdy bag, holds up well and has never let me down. I use it whenever I go out. I throw it around, no scratches or problems with the canvas, and it's always fun to get lost in the unique pattern. :smile:

Another vote for the Double Sens. Like Gixxer said, it's a beautifully crafted, under-the-radar bag that is really two bags in one. I don't have one, but tried one on at the boutique and yes, the handles are a bit wider and soft, so the bag is comfortable to carry. If I needed a large tote, that's the one I'd go for.

I sold my Neverfull because when full, the skinny straps dug into my shoulder. Also, where I live, Neverfulls are really common. As for Chanel, I like to be under the radar so I would choose the Cerf tote over the GST, but that's just me. I'm not really familiar with Goyard, but prefer leather to canvas. HTH.

Never thought I'd say this but I'm very close to purchasing a LV Neverfull. Was never a fan of monogram but think it'd be a great alternative to a traditional diaper bag. I need to decide between mm or gm but for sure Damier ebene. Mainly the versatility appeals to me

I choose totes that resemble the LV Neverfull and Goyard St Louis. I use the Michael Kors Monogram Jet Set Tote and my favorite, the Frye Deborah studded tote in Slate.

Totes need to have a large opening because I like to see everything at a glance. Also it helps if you like slouchy bags, they make perfect slouchy totes. Not too slouchy, just enough to pull open quickly.

I prefer totes that are wider side-to-side (east-west) than longer top-to-bottom (north-south). I have always managed to mangle something that is important to me when I use the north-south styles - it's always crushed at the bottom or worse, I just can't find my keys or pouch if they've fallen to the bottom.

I use to like compartments or structure like the Chanel GST, but I honestly don't have time anymore to keep everything neat and tidy these days and would end up with a bag that is lumpy with stuff :smile:

Great thread! I do not own any of the bags listed but i think there should be 2 categories: light and slouchy (lv nf, goyard st louis, etc) vs rigid and structured (prada saffiano, gst, lv wilshire gm)