The Bah-Humbug!! Thread

Echoes

O.G.
Aug 8, 2008
You know what I mean. If you're in a country that does it, it's everywhere. Radio, TV, newspapers, stores, businesses, even just driving down the street. You can't avoid it. People answer the phone with it in one form or another, it's in music-on-hold, people use it for ring tones. Even websites are decorated. You can't even leave a room without somebody saying something related in their good bye comments.

Maybe you've had a bad experience somewhere in life or for whatever reason you're tired of it, or maybe you're just not into it for no particular reason at all. Maybe you're just tired of all the hype around it and the over commercialization.

Whatever the reason, this is the place for you to speak freely!!!

So, chime in if you will with a hearty BAH!!! HUMBUG!!!.

Just kidding of course ;)

I do enjoy Christmas and love spending time with my friends and family, the only thing that I truly hate about the holidays are the crowds of people, the shoving around, the idiots who push their strollers into the backs of my feet while I'm trying to look at a sweater, the mom who threatens to punch me if I take the last barbie... etc.

Can I add to the list?
(It might be faster to just say what I DO like, 'cause the list of what I don't like would make this a very long post.)
I don't like the radio programming. Most stations that I listen to play ONLY X-Mas music for 6 weeks straight. I can take cd's with me everywhere I go, or, just entertain myself cursing at the traffic.

The things i don't like about it are black friday....bunch if idiots out that day in my opinion. Also don't like all the crowds everywhere i go, you can never seem to get in anywhere to go eat, and if you want to run and pick up one little item it takes a hour. I for the most part love christmas i just hate a few of the things that go along with it.

All the things that are listed here are not even the point of Christmas. I know it is very over commercialized and I am guilty of shopping a lot for people and enjoying the gifts I get but these things are not what Christmas is even supposed to be about. I am not that religious but Christmas is a religious event. Or at least, that what it's foundations are.

I don't like Black Friday. I don't like the fact that store employees practically have to don riot gear in order to deal with the shopping crowds.

I don't like crazy shopping days in general. Christmas is supposed to be about love, peace and togetherness. It seems like all that goes right out the window when people set foot in the mall.

Parents are not supposed to kill themselves over the Hottest Toy. What they should do is tell the child that since so many children asked for the same thing, Santa couldn't fit them all in his sleigh and that theirs will be coming soon.

It just dawned on me last night. I don't know why I didn't realize this before.

The tv advertising for the 5-6 week period doesn't really change in the frequency, volume, or length of the actual ad. It's really the same crap, just with a X-Mas theme.
It's like "back to school" advertising, or any other holiday or occasion pitch to the public.
BUT, this is the ONLY holiday that advertises for one and a half months. Perhaps that is the reason that it seems so tiresome to me.

It might be easier to take if it didn't have such a long running time.
Then, there's the after X-Mas advertising that lasts for another week or two.
I WANT to enjoy this holiday, so I use the mute button on my tv remote and switch stations constantly on my car radio.

The closer it gets to Christmas, the ruder and more aggressive people become. Today, this lady pushed my cart out of her way exactly as I was lifting a large heavy object into it. She saw me pick up a giant storage cabinet and instead of waiting the few seconds for me to get it into the cart, she shoves the cart away from me so she can get by. I'm left standing there with my mouth hanging open, holding a big heavy ass cabinet watching my cart roll down the aisle. Grr Bah humbug!!

^^La Miss, I've been waiting to see an article posted in our "Up to the minute" thread, describing what you did to this woman in complete detail.
How much was the bond to get you out of jail when you were done with her?

Believe me, I could post tons of articles there. I see several every day on various news feeds that would qualify.

But people already crap on me enough around here.