The bags i could not afford that i now buy.

birkel

O.G.
Jan 17, 2009
HI! I'm usually an Hermes lover and have been since i was very young...but in the early 2000s i just loved the Marc jacobs era bags, well the clothes too.... especially the extraordinarie bags.

So now that they are not as expensive on the resale market, i keep looking at them i keep longing for them, that's the truth. since I downsized a major Hermes collection, just kept my favorites ........i tend to hold back and just look at them. But this week end i saw a 2006/2007 fall winter stephen sprouse boston with leopard and gaudy gold trim. and i hit BUY, and i now have it. I have to say im so, so happy !
Since I love the the gracie in velvet, and the trompe trocadero, and the thedas o the thedas !!! and then the trianons and mirrors. So im thinking should i get them all. I wonder will they be as grand as this boston bag......... anyways just wanted to share see if any one else is yearning to buy the collection they wanted, when they were younger... and maybe,like me could not afford them...or could not find them.... is anyone else dare i say nostalgic......Or dare i say I MISS MARC SO SO MUCH !

HI! I'm usually an Hermes lover and have been since i was very young...but in the early 2000s i just loved the Marc jacobs era bags, well the clothes too.... especially the extraordinarie bags.

So now that they are not as expensive on the resale market, i keep looking at them i keep longing for them, that's the truth. since I downsized a major Hermes collection, just kept my favorites ........i tend to hold back and just look at them. But this week end i saw a 2006/2007 fall winter stephen sprouse boston with leopard and gaudy gold trim. and i hit BUY, and i now have it. I have to say im so, so happy !
Since I love the the gracie in velvet, and the trompe trocadero, and the thedas o the thedas !!! and then the trianons and mirrors. So im thinking should i get them all. I wonder will they be as grand as this boston bag......... anyways just wanted to share see if any one else is yearning to buy the collection they wanted, when they were younger... and maybe,like me could not afford them...or could not find them.... is anyone else dare i say nostalgic......Or dare i say I MISS MARC SO SO MUCH !
I need to see pics of this amazing bag

one of my favorite bags that I own is a Stephen sprouse knitting needle long alma in black and white graffiti
(bought well before luxury bags reached 1K USD)

i Wish I bought Marc jacobs for LV RTW back in the day.

i also wish I could have bought barenia crinoline single color Birkins and a dark gray Buffalo Dalmatian kelly
oh, and a blakc and white vibrato kelly 28, PHW.

and a limited edition Never full with navy blue leather straps and piping and a navy blue design. . .

and the Mary Katrantzou Bulgari collaboration bag (that I would gladly pay a premium for today)

Last edited:
Yes, I'm slowly building up a collection of Epi leather in the trocadero and Saint Cloud lines. So far i have the Black, Green and Beige in the Trocadero and Blue & Black (in the post) in the Saint Cloud. Next will be a Red Saint Cloud. I dont own any monogram or Damier, cant stand it.

I need to see pics of this amazing bag

one of my favorite bags that I own is a Stephen sprouse knitting needle long alma in black and white graffiti
(bought well before luxury bags reached 1K USD)

i Wish I bought Marc jacobs for LV RTW back in the day.

i also wish I could have bought barenia crinoline single color Birkins and a dark gray Buffalo Dalmatian kelly
oh, and a blakc and white vibrato kelly 28, PHW.

and a limited edition Never full with navy blue leather straps and piping and a navy blue design. . .

and the Mary Katrantzou Bulgari collaboration bag (that I would gladly pay a premium for today)
Omg Mary Katrantzou x Bvlgari?!? I need to look that up! Have you seen the Casablanca x Bvlgari recentl collection?

Agreed- Marc Jacobs nostalgia is strong! Both for LV and his namesake collections from the 00s! I would have loved a Stam bag but didn't follow bags and luxe back then

Reactions: EpiFanatic
Not a bag but a dress. There was a beautiful cashmere knit Dior dress (blue/gray with a bit of gradient) that I tried on back in 2013 or 2014. It was $2000 USD, which today would be a bargain haha. Sadly, never saw it again, but I do think of it from time to time. :smile:

As for bags, it's more about being able to buy retail price vs pre-loved. Not saying I don't like pre-loved. I'm just not in agreement with the current resale market atm lol so I feel grateful/fortunate to be able to buy something in-stores when I want it.
If there was a bag "back then" that I could not afford (and wanted) but I have now, it would probably be my almost vintage chanel CF (because gold plated > not gold plated hdw lol). So since that's been checked off...hmm...I guess it's been fulfilled haha.:P

I am so pleased for you @birkel , you are proper collector and connoisseur.

Let me know when the LV X Takashi Murakami prices fall lower than they were retail, thank all :biggrin:
so true about murakamis they are the ones i don't long for., and not because of price its just all these croc trimmed bags and exotic like textures and skins like the gracie and the trompe..........are so below their retail now.

I bought the Monogramouflage Speedy many years after it was released. I wouldn’t have been able to afford it at the time, but I didn’t really start buying LV until 2009 anyway and that was out the previous year. I also was fortunate enough to find it for a fantastic price in pristine condition. I’d never pay what some sellers ask for it no matter how much I love it. The quality is better than present day LV but it’s not worth £6000+.

I bought the Monogramouflage Speedy many years after it was released. I wouldn’t have been able to afford it at the time, but I didn’t really start buying LV until 2009 anyway and that was out the previous year. I also was fortunate enough to find it for a fantastic price in pristine condition. I’d never pay what some sellers ask for it no matter how much I love it. The quality is better than present day LV but it’s not worth £6000+.
I've seen some of those prices lately!

Reactions: boyoverboard
I can relate to you 100%! I think I was into LV in 2008-2014 and then forgot about the brand for several years. I was still in school thus I could not afford anything. I just rediscoverd LV. The monogram velours were also on my wish list.

I just got a purple sac express for 400€ in almost new condition.

i have on my wish list:
- Sac fermoir (denim, cerises, vienna)
- Richard Prince Watercolor frame papillon
- damier canvas with vachetta (I suppose these would be SOs or from 1996 Centenaire)
- monogram Velours clyde and gracie
- my ultimate holy grail is men’s 2005 tapis vaslav

Yes, I can relate! While I haven't bought any new LV at a store in years, I love the hunt on the resale market for certain items. About a decade ago I had to sell some of my collection during hard times, but I've since been able to rebuild. In the last few years, I've added some Suhali pieces, more epi leather, another Damier bag, and most recently a black MC Aurelia MM. Resale prices have skyrocketed since the pandemic, but it is still possible to find good deals on vintage pieces. :yes: