The Bag That Does Not Exist…

In case anyone needs infor of the bag, its a reissue in 226 with RHW. as to the colour, the color tag says Dark burgundy

94b089a4-1.jpg

AND now...in case anyone is wondering...I believe that there is more than one kind of burgundy floating around...

Nat74 's reveal here (same colour code as mine - but i think we both agree that the bags arent the same colour.) #337...

gymangel812 has her reveal here . I do believe her color code is 45004 (argent fonce)

tobilove has her reveal here.

lallybelle's 11A Bordeaux Reissue 227
455e2eaa-1.jpg

you can see the full glory of her bag here at post #399 Colour code is 91320 Burgundy

I believe only Lallybelle's reissue is in the size 227 while the rest of the reissues are size 226...and on my computer, it appears that Lallybelle's burgundy reissue is definitedly redder and less darker than mine...

can any of the experts explain whether chanel creates different colours for different size bags in the same season? or does it depend very much on the bags that the respectative departmental store buyers select when ordering the bags?

After seeing all the reveals on the burgundy/bordeaux reissues, I decided to get one too. I, too, was confused by all the different colour codes and did some research before taking the plunge. I emailed my SA, he sent me some photos and told me the photos were accurate. I was so excited about getting it that I decided to go for overnight shipping instead of free ground shipping.

My parcel arrived and .......... I was soooo disappointed. My burgundy had an orangey tone in the sunlight. It was nothing like the photo he sent me!

Attachments

• securedownload.jpeg
    securedownload.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 156
This is what I received....

I expected it to be darker, more like my burgundy patent but in aged calfskin. So sad now... I just don't love it. I guess I am going to return it but I feel so bad. I have never ever returned a bag and I feel so bad for my SA. The bag was packaged so beautifully with the new packaging etc etc.

Anyway, for those of you who own the bag with the colour code 81614, would you say that it would be closer to my burgundy patent? Should I take another risk?

Attachments

• IMG_4849.jpg
    IMG_4849.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_4850.jpg
    IMG_4850.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 162

I expected it to be darker, more like my burgundy patent but in aged calfskin. So sad now... I just don't love it. I guess I am going to return it but I feel so bad. I have never ever returned a bag and I feel so bad for my SA. The bag was packaged so beautifully with the new packaging etc etc.

Anyway, for those of you who own the bag with the colour code 81614, would you say that it would be closer to my burgundy patent? Should I take another risk?

I have the 'dark burgundy' color code 81614 in size 226. Your price tag just shows 'burgundy' but mine shows 'dark burgundy'. It is much darker than yours.

I have the 'dark burgundy' color code 81614 in size 226. Your price tag just shows 'burgundy' but mine shows 'dark burgundy'. It is much darker than yours.

Unfortunately for me, I went by the photo my SA sent to me, which I was told was accurate and sure looked like a dark burgundy to me......

OK. Now I'm curious. It doesn't make sense that Chanel would make 2 Bordeaux reissues. I thought the pic differences was lighting, different camera's etc. But seeing the 2 different tags on the 227 & 226 makes me wonder. I've seen the 226 IRL and didn't think it was any different, but never had them side by side. I got mine at BG because it was the only store I saw the 227.

Shimmery - where did you get yours?

OK. Now I'm curious. It doesn't make sense that Chanel would make 2 Bordeaux reissues. I thought the pic differences was lighting, different camera's etc. But seeing the 2 different tags on the 227 & 226 makes me wonder. I've seen the 226 IRL and didn't think it was any different, but never had them side by side. I got mine at BG because it was the only store I saw the 227.

Shimmery - where did you get yours?

I got mine from BG !! Curiouser and curiouser, lol. Just so disappointed now.

strange...i had assumed that the 227 only comes in the burgundy colour like lallybelle and i thought nat74 had the same colour code as mine?

i ordered from saks...the red is definitedly darker than what shimmery has but not as dark as the patent...

could it be that different stores ordered different burgundies??

i would describe the colour of the bag i bought as dried blood at night but during day time, the red is not that black...

is anyone is doing more investigating, please post back...

thanks everyone for commenting...i doubt there will be mod shots...its going to be difficult taking photos of my mom using the bag...

cheers!

Nat does have the same one as you. Shimmery's & mine are the only 227's and have the same code and came from BG. The rest of the ones posted are 226 like yours with the same color code. So it seems that the 227's from BG are a bit lighter, and have a different color code then the 226's. Not sure why Chanel would make 2 different Bordeaux reissues the same season.

I am now determined to get them side by side to compare and see which I like better...lol.

OK. Received my 226 from Saks with the 81614 color code and it is totally different than the 227. The 226 is definitely darker & richer. I think the 226 is the keeper. I will post some comparison pics in the morning.

OK. Received my 226 from Saks with the 81614 color code and it is totally different than the 227. The 226 is definitely darker & richer. I think the 226 is the keeper. I will post some comparison pics in the morning.

lallybelle, do you know if they still have any left? I was away over Christmas and didn't have time to check it out and I was also afraid to receive another burgundy that I didn't like. But now that you say that it is definitely different from the 227, then I feel confident that I will love it. Could you please PM me and let me know where you got yours from?