"The Art of Gifting" Collection to Launch in January 2017

fabuleux

STAND UP
Aug 3, 2014
Louis Vuitton’s New Luxe Gift Line Will Solve All of Your Over-the-Top Gifting Dilemmas
December 19, 2016
IMG_0675.JPG
If you’ve ever found yourself blanking on a hostess gift for your boss’s cocktail party or the perfect present to bring the first time you visit your S.O.’s parents, welcome to the club. Are flowers and wine too cliché? Your favorite beauty swag too personal? Luckily, to solve all those really-have-to-nail-this gifting dilemmas, Louis Vuitton is launching a new line of luxe little gifts that are perfectly over-the-top.
IMG_0676.JPG
Christened the "Art of Gifting," the line of 30 little trinkets and baubles brings LV’s penchant for things impractical yet totally necessary to three different areas: the Joy of Writing, the Joy of Decorating, and the Joy of Gaming. Gifts include an ultra chic monogrammed pencil holder for your boss’s desk, a goes-with-anything Plexiglas frame for your in-laws, and a golden yo-yo for...well who wouldn’t love a golden yo-yo with the world’s most recognizable set of initials? Of course, the collection also includes some odder items: like the patchwork leather teddy bear named “Louis,” the nearly $900 desk blotter, and the monogrammed mouse pads, which are apparently still a thing.
IMG_0677.JPG
In addition to giving you a cheap(er) means of presenting someone with one of the brand’s chic new saffron gift boxes, the Art of Gifting is also a nod to the house’s history, according to WWD. The brand’s first foray into the luxe gifting game was way back in the 1920’s when they debuted a catalogue series dubbed “Le Cadeau ou la Bonne Manière” a.k.a. “The Gift or the Art of Good Manners,” which allowed shoppers to create gift lists (or personal wish lists) in stores, so no shame if you want to pick up a few gifts for yourself from the new line.
IMG_0292.JPG
Unfortunately, LV’s modern take on the Art of the Gift won’t launch until after the New Year, so you’re on your own for what to get the office Secret Santa you really hope will mentor you.

Last edited:
Hi!

Looking very forward to it :smile:

Kind regards,
Oliver
Interesting business move. There was a line of products dedicated to the office in the 1980s, including a pencil holder, desk accessories, etc. And in the 1990s, there was also a desk set launched in Taiga leather. I think there will be a lot of lovely pieces in this collection. I just hope it doesn't cheapen the brand! I don't want to see Louis Vuitton notebooks for $19.99 :lol:

Interesting business move. There was a line of products dedicated to the office in the 1980s, including a pencil holder, desk accessories, etc. And in the 1990s, there was also a desk set launched in Taiga leather. I think there will be a lot of lovely pieces in this collection. I just hope it doesn't cheapen the brand! I don't want to see Louis Vuitton notebooks for $19.99 :lol:

Hi!

I guess they do what they have to do to keep afloat / quarterly earnings rising for as long as somehow possible. ;)

I strongly believe, and I know that it's not popular, that even luxury products have a price limit even though their prices are called rather than calculated. Especially with generations coming that are/will be actively kept from accumulating wealth because their - even not necessarily small - incomes are being eaten by housing & general costs of living. The majority of people and media likes to ohh and aah about it and calls it "sharing economy" or a waiver of decadency/luxury lifestyle/status symbols - I'd rather stick to calling it an unfortunate necessary evil for them - it's not that they have much choices there. But then again, what do I know...

To me it looks like there will be a lot of nice products and I look forward to them, especially since it's not easy to find really well made, high quality products in some of the mentioned categories. And I too, hope that these will be "real LV" products and not just simply ridiculously high/low priced stuff that one would rather expect as a freebie/merchandising.

And then, who knows where they plan on going with this - maybe they expand further into home/living products - Hermès does it like forever and it's going well for them from what I can tell.

So why not now, where people still buy and look for sophisticated little gimmicks that are above average. ;)

Kind regards,
Oliver

Hi!

I guess they do what they have to do to keep afloat / quarterly earnings rising for as long as somehow possible. ;)

I strongly believe, and I know that it's not popular, that even luxury products have a price limit even though their prices are called rather than calculated. Especially with generations coming that are/will be actively kept from accumulating wealth because their - even not necessarily small - incomes are being eaten by housing & general costs of living. The majority of people and media likes to ohh and aah about it and calls it "sharing economy" or a waiver of decadency/luxury lifestyle/status symbols - I'd rather stick to calling it an unfortunate necessary evil for them - it's not that they have much choices there. But then again, what do I know...

To me it looks like there will be a lot of nice products and I look forward to them, especially since it's not easy to find really well made, high quality products in some of the mentioned categories. And I too, hope that these will be "real LV" products and not just simply ridiculously high/low priced stuff that one would rather expect as a freebie/merchandising.

And then, who knows where they plan on going with this - maybe they expand further into home/living products - Hermès does it like forever and it's going well for them from what I can tell.

So why not now, where people still buy and look for sophisticated little gimmicks that are above average. ;)

Kind regards,
Oliver
I have loved the Louis Vuitton pillows that Kim Jones has released in parallel to the men's collection. But the prices are insane lol. I don't make enough money to buy this kind of pillows! :lol:

Hi!

Kind regards,
Oliver

I thought of Hermes as well, in particular the silk notebooks and the over-the-top-priced pen that came out not too long ago. I think it's brilliant marketing, as others have said, as long as they keep a standard of quality to go with the prices!

That pencil case is going to sell by the truck load. It's so adorable!
ITA! I have a Coach pencil case that I got for like $17 at the outlet and I kept thinking...I wish LV made one (the rivets case was not functional IMO).

So I'm VERY excited for this. I'm just guessing it will be around $300? Just based on the cost of the cosmetic and toiletry pouches. The rivets was $310, maybe it will be cheaper! :nuts:

ITA! I have a Coach pencil case that I got for like $17 at the outlet and I kept thinking...I wish LV made one (the rivets case was not functional IMO).

So I'm VERY excited for this. I'm just guessing it will be around $300? Just based on the cost of the cosmetic and toiletry pouches. The rivets was $310, maybe it will be cheaper! :nuts:
I bet it will be more like $350 or $400 because of the leather trim... just a guess thought.