the ~*~ ANTHROPOLOGIE ~*~ thread!

Are Odille and Elevenses house brands also or are they sold elsewhere?

Those are also house brands. I was always so annoyed that they would make up 15 different house brands to seem more like a boutique instead of a unified brand. What's sick is that I used to pull 45-50 hour weeks and I would notice that the fabric of one shirt of one house brand would be the same fabric used to line the pockets of a pair of pants by another house brand. You could unintentially have a funny little pantsuit.

Certain brands are really sleepwear and have a code on their tags as such. I have a nutty friend that likes to buy the nightgowns and wear them around town because she thinks they are dresses. Definitely do a natural light test or invest in a good slip... They are classified and priced differently because they are so sheer! Nightgowns or swimsuit coverups for sure!

those are also house brands. I was always so annoyed that they would make up 15 different house brands to seem more like a boutique instead of a unified brand. What's sick is that i used to pull 45-50 hour weeks and i would notice that the fabric of one shirt of one house brand would be the same fabric used to line the pockets of a pair of pants by another house brand. you could unintentially have a funny little pantsuit.

certain brands are really sleepwear and have a code on their tags as such. I have a nutty friend that likes to buy the nightgowns and wear them around town because she thinks they are dresses. Definitely do a natural light test or invest in a good slip... They are classified and priced differently because they are so sheer! Nightgowns or swimsuit coverups for sure!

lol!

Certain brands are really sleepwear and have a code on their tags as such. I have a nutty friend that likes to buy the nightgowns and wear them around town because she thinks they are dresses. Definitely do a natural light test or invest in a good slip... They are classified and priced differently because they are so sheer! Nightgowns or swimsuit coverups for sure!

I have a friend that does this too.. she'll be all, "Look at this Anthropologie dress I got, it was only $70 regular price, vs the usual $150," and I don't really have the heart to tell her it's because it's supposed to be a nightgown.

Help! I'm not sure how to wear this top, as in, what do I wear it with (besides skinny jeans?)?

2rw3n2q.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
^ If I were doing that signature "Anthro" look, I would pair the blouse with a tailored pair of longer shorts (in a menswear fabric, cuffed at the bottom) with a vintage-looking pair of peep-toe pumps or laced up booties.

The top would also look adorable with some fitted AG bootcut cords (they sell at Anthro) and then paired with a cropped swing jacket, for a more casual look.

I absolutely adore anthropologie!!! :love: It's just that my wallet doesn't like it so much. I normally wait for something that I really love to go on sale or I search ebay for it and get a bargin.

These are a few of the things that I purchased on sale at Anthropologie or through ebay most recently. I'll come back later and post the things that I'm interested in buying. I also purchased a Lil dress recently, but I don't have any pics of it yet.

Tracy Reese Dress

anthro2.jpg
anthro1.jpg

Left of Center Dress

239802796_o.jpg
239802862_o.jpg

Sun & Sway Dress

DSCN0128.jpg
DSCN0112.jpg

I absolutely adore anthropologie!!! :love: It's just that my wallet doesn't like it so much. I normally wait for something that I really love to go on sale or I search ebay for it and get a bargin.

These are a few of the things that I purchased on sale at Anthropologie or through ebay most recently. I'll come back later and post the things that I'm interested in buying. I also purchased a Lil dress recently, but I don't have any pics of it yet.

Tracy Reese Dress

anthro2.jpg
anthro1.jpg

Left of Center Dress

239802796_o.jpg
239802862_o.jpg

Sun & Sway Dress

DSCN0128.jpg
DSCN0112.jpg

Oh My GOD, that second dress is so beautiful I think my heart stopped for a minute......holy cow!!!!

Yay for this thread! My cousin used to be a graphic designer for their website, so I literally got SO many things from her! Her discount was really good. Unfortunately, she doesn't work there anymore. Now she works for J. Crew, but that is my #1 favorite store, so it's all good.

Anyway, Anthro has some very pretty ladylike classic pieces with a little added something special. My mom is in her 50s and even finds things there to wear (and she looks so cute in them). I love their housewares section too. I buy oven mits, towels, and door knobs there all the time. :smile:

Oh and everyone has purchased such lovely pieces there lately! I need to get my booty to the mall ASAP! missbanff, I am in love with that Tracy Reese dress!!!! :heart:

Last edited:
weird, i've been loving anthro the last year or so. i have lots of photos... i always take photos when i'm in the dressing room, such like this... i haven't had a problem with the stuff i've bought so far... which is a lot... but i'd rather spend my money in anthro than j.crew or BR... anyway this is the latest item i've bought, a trench coat that's really cute and comes in petite sizes!

3918146410_636bc0d2ab_o.jpg

i have lots more pictures here on my flickr. if you want to take a looksie, there's way too many for me to post here!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/avafay/sets/72157613477846734/

^ If I were doing that signature "Anthro" look, I would pair the blouse with a tailored pair of longer shorts (in a menswear fabric, cuffed at the bottom) with a vintage-looking pair of peep-toe pumps or laced up booties.

The top would also look adorable with some fitted AG bootcut cords (they sell at Anthro) and then paired with a cropped swing jacket, for a more casual look.

Longer like just above the knee?

I love the idea of the cropped swing jacket.

Thanks for the suggestions! When I get around to wearing the outfit, I'll def post pics!