The anniversary pearls are HERE!!! Akoya & south sea

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
My anniversary pearls from my boyfriend arrived today!! Before handing them over to him to keep until our actual anniversary in December, I managed to sneak a few pics in. I am keeping the ring, but the studs and the bracelet are in his possession right now. (These are actually not from PearlsOnly, rather, from a jeweller in Hong Kong)

Here is the entire annivesary set:
attachment.php

First piece, 8 mm Japanese Akoya pearl bracelet, AA+ grade, white with silver overtones (although it looks more rosé to me IRL) and 18K white gold clasp. Each pearl is almost perfectly round and they are matched extremely well.
I am AMAZED at this piece...the pearls are SO SO SO lustrous. Simply gorgeous!

attachment.php

Next, 8 mm Japanese Akoya pearl stud earrings, AAA grade, white with silver overtones and 14K white gold back. These are, for some reason, slightly less lustrous than the pearls in my bracelet although the grade is higher than the bracelet pearls. Regardless, these are beautiful and show up quite nicely on my ears.

attachment.php

10 mm South Sea Pearl, mounted on white gold plated 925 silver ring. I loveee this ring. Although it's still part of the anniversary gift, my boyfriend has agreed to let me keep this piece for now. The simple setting really shows up the enormous pearl, and I FINALLY fulfilled my dream of owning a South Sea Pearl one day!

attachment.php

And these are free freshwater earrings that came with my order...unfortunately one pearl came out of the earring post so I need to super glue it back in tomorrow :P No biggie if I can't fix it though, I will have 3 pairs of white pearl studs very soon (I have a pair of 12 mm South Sea studs on order)

attachment.php

More pics...

Attachments

• loot.jpg
    loot.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 571
  • bracelet.jpg
    bracelet.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 614
  • earrings.jpg
    earrings.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 604
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 564
  • free.jpg
    free.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 532
And just a pic to show the amazing lustre of the pearls...for the price I paid, the lustre is not bad at all and in fact very, very good:

attachment.php

Modeling pic (against the wishes of the DBF for me to NOT wear the bracelet before our annivesary :P) It actually feels quite heavy!
attachment.php

Akoya studs, love this size:
attachment.php

South Sea ring, as you can see it's quite substantial/noticeable and probably the largest ring I own:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for letting me share!

Attachments

• ringva1.jpg
    ringva1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 504
  • earringsva1.jpg
    earringsva1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 503
  • braceletva2.jpg
    braceletva2.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 512
  • braceletva1.jpg
    braceletva1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 520
  • ringva2.jpg
    ringva2.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 502
Reactions: SerenaRandy
Beautiful, just beautiful, Karman!

Happy (early) Anniversary to you and your generous boyfriend! Thanks for the eye candy! I can now go to sleep happy! :yahoo::heart::yes:

happy early anniversary! i got really into pearls right around/before my 21st bday so my bf got me tahitian black pearl bracelet, gorgeous!

for the price, i was ready to kill him, but i noticed pearls are very underestimated. like my booklet said, diamonds are a girls best friend, but pearls are her soulmate ;)

enjoy em girl!

i'll have to wait awhile till i get a matching necklace, he said maybe 30th bday, since its like $5'gs lol, here's thinking south sea pearls but those are wayyy too much, plus won't match lol.