the Angelina Jolie thread

I don't care for Angie but I too admire her humanitarian work. I think she cares very much about children too. To a point. I think she is cunning and calculating and has a very dark side when crossed. She's going to these countries but let's be real. She isn't in the trenches finding water, food, driving across borders on rescue missions. I think part of her work is self serving, come on, she knows the world doesn't love her. This work makes her look softer, warmer, a better person.

As we can all see now, she's showing her true colors.
I think she could be very genuine and caring in her humanitarian work and still be very flawed when it comes to personal relationships. I would think just going to these countries and seeing the conditions would be hard. And the conditions she would be staying in (tho short term) would be less than luxurious. As far as the kids, I'm sure she loves them but I'm not sure her motives for wanting custody are pure.

While I admire humanitarian work done by people whether they are celebrity or not, I'm just not sure how much of an impact she makes in the long run. Many countries that are war torn & impoverished are also run by corrupt dictators & territorial warlords who grease their own pockets with funds meant for refugees & their people. These corrupt leaders will go through aid items like food, ect & plunder for their own gain while the people the aid is destined for continue to go without. There have been rumors of corruption within the UN for years. It seems to me that bringing this to the forefront on the international attention for some sort of resolution would be more helpful than just visiting with refugees for a few days. When she visits, does she bring in trucks of needed food, water, medicine, ect with her? I don't know because I don't really follow her. Perhaps someone here knows more details than I do.
I think that some celebrities can make a huge difference in bringing attention to the plight of some problematic situations.
For instance, if it was not for george clooney dedication to Rwanda, I would have probably never heard of the Genocide.
As far as the UN corruption, I am becoming so jaded that I came to accept that it is rampant everywhere....

Reactions: dangerouscurves
Yes. It seems more likely to me that Angie called or had somone make the call. I would guess that everyone else on the plane (other then the family) was an employee and probably wanted to keep their job.

Agreed. There is zero chance anyone took it upon themselves to interfere with the family's private business by making that call. Angelina either made it herself or had one of her assistants do it for her.

While I admire humanitarian work done by people whether they are celebrity or not, I'm just not sure how much of an impact she makes in the long run. Many countries that are war torn & impoverished are also run by corrupt dictators & territorial warlords who grease their own pockets with funds meant for refugees & their people. These corrupt leaders will go through aid items like food, ect & plunder for their own gain while the people the aid is destined for continue to go without. There have been rumors of corruption within the UN for years. It seems to me that bringing this to the forefront on the international attention for some sort of resolution would be more helpful than just visiting with refugees for a few days. When she visits, does she bring in trucks of needed food, water, medicine, ect with her? I don't know because I don't really follow her. Perhaps someone here knows more details than I do.
Thank you! I thought I was hallucinating those articles. I too read about the corruption which plays into me changing TV channels when I see one of those celebrities out there. I think it was either with Tom Hiddleston or Robbie Williams' trip when this issue became prevalent. People were talking about boycotting the UN aids and rather giving money to other humanitarian organizations. They talked about the UN rather helping prevent those human catastrophes than going in after the fact and throw money at the problem.

There is a HUGE sex trafficking problem all over the world. Children & young people(male & female) are bought & sold to the highest bidders. These captives come from impoverished & war torn countries. The sale of these children are often to people in countries that hold high positions in the UN. My church is actively involved with rescuing these children from the sex trade by sending in rescue teams on missions to get these children out. Many are brought back & fostered or adopted by members of the church. Not taking away from her humanitarian efforts, but if Jolie wanted to make a statement & draw attention, she could be involved with actually saving children from the sex trade by getting in the trenches with those who actually risk their lives. Those are the real humanitarians. She could become involved with Doctors Without Borders by showing up with much needed medical supplies & equipment. I may be wrong but I just see her having visits & photo ops which (IMO) in not tangible. These people need food, medicine, & safety.

I don't agree with this. Princess Di wore full face for her charity pics. I wouldn't judge Angie for going full face.. when there's so much more lol

Correct. She didn't call the police, someone else did. So did she not call cause she didn't want the blame. Or she didn't see a issue. Know what I mean...

I watched her movies. Only movie I liked her in was Hackers. I liked her for 5 mins back in the day, that's before she was annoying. She usually sticks to more or less the same type of rolls.

Doll, You of all people can't detect sarcasm. *clutches pearls* You Ok??
Doll, it was late my end :angel:

Reactions: tweegy
I think that some celebrities can make a huge difference in bringing attention to the plight of some problematic situations.
For instance, if it was not for george clooney dedication to Rwanda, I would have probably never heard of the Genocide.
As far as the UN corruption, I am becoming so jaded that I came to accept that it is rampant everywhere....

I know about the Rwandan genocide because it was in the newspapers and on the news every day that it went on. I've never once read anything about George Clooney being involved in it afterward (whether he is or not). I associate George Clooney with Darfur, Sudan and even that crisis I can't tell you much about.

I don't know if there is UN corruption, if you are dealing with war torn areas, dictators, tyrants, people with a lot of money and power over people who have nothing or very little, yes corruption is common. I don't think that Angelina Jolie is increasing corruption by drawing attention to problems of the world's worst locations. If the refugees or people in trouble get some of the money donated to them it is still better than if the world doesn't give them anything. There is never going to be any perfect solution. I think Angie tries her best, what more can you ask?

I think she could be very genuine and caring in her humanitarian work and still be very flawed when it comes to personal relationships. I would think just going to these countries and seeing the conditions would be hard. And the conditions she would be staying in (tho short term) would be less than luxurious. As far as the kids, I'm sure she loves them but I'm not sure her motives for wanting custody are pure.

I agree with this . I worked with a narcissistic doctor that was well liked by many of his patients and did humanitarian work twice a year. But this man had a God complex and was not well liked by people who really knew him. He could be mean one minute and then someone else would enter the room and he was mister nice guy again . It was disturbing to watch this Jeckyll and Hyde personality.

I'm in different to Angie but I've always believed her humanitarian work is genuine. However I do believe that she leaked this story out because for an A list celebrity , she is able to disappear whenever she wants to. IMO this is not the first time she and Brad fought in public or Brad with the kids and that it was witnessed . It is now too convenient that the public should hear about it in the mist of their divorce. If Angelina did not want the public to know or speculate about the details of their divorce, it would have been done quietly. I'm saying Angie because Brad is not put in a good light in this divorce so I don't think he would be leaking stories of child abuse about himself.

Last edited:
I know about the Rwandan genocide because it was in the newspapers and on the news every day that it went on. I've never once read anything about George Clooney being involved in it afterward (whether he is or not). I associate George Clooney with Darfur, Sudan and even that crisis I can't tell you much about.

I don't know if there is UN corruption, if you are dealing with war torn areas, dictators, tyrants, people with a lot of money and power over people who have nothing or very little, yes corruption is common. I don't think that Angelina Jolie is increasing corruption by drawing attention to problems of the world's worst locations. If the refugees or people in trouble get some of the money donated to them it is still better than if the world doesn't give them anything. There is never going to be any perfect solution. I think Angie tries her best, what more can you ask?
You are right I mispoke I meant Darfur.

I don't even associate him with that. But that's because I have a relative who was down in the Sudan actively working on building a new government for the South Sudan as part of an organization and setting up a working system as far as it would work down there.