the Angelina Jolie thread

It's the only AJ film I've personally wanted to see since Girl Interrupted. It's definitely dark looking, which I LOVE. If my kids were younger I wouldn't take them, this is an older kids movie IMO.

Maleficent starring Angelina Jolie 'scaring away investors' as it is thought to be too horrifying for Disney movie-goers

Angelina Jolie's latest film, Maleficent, is so scary that it has got investors running scared that it will be a flop and cost Disney millions.
The 38-year-old actress plays the evil villainess from the Sleeping Beauty tale in her first major Hollywood role in four years.
But her portrayal in the dark fantasy film has turned off Wall Street money men.

article-2582920-1C5E123B00000578-505_634x409.jpg

'My wings were stolen from me': A new poster was released recently for Angelina Jolie's upcoming Disney flick Maleficent, which features her imposing black wings

Angelina has previously been box office gold but her latest starring role has Wall Street moneymen worried.
They are predicting that the pdsa90m film will not be a box office smash and might just recoup its costs.
With Angelina sporting enhanced high cheek bones and headgear with horns they are worried traditional Disney movie goers will find the film too frightening.
Disney has pitched the film, which opens on May 30, at young adults rather than their traditional fan base of children.

article-2582920-1C5E0BA900000578-915_634x910.jpg

Coming soon: The film, which is set for release on May 30, stars the 38-year-old actress as the most iconic villain from the Disney classic Sleeping Beauty

Angelina Jolie in NEW teaser for Maleficent

video-undefined-1AC3351400000578-217_636x358.jpg

Wall Street investors predict that the film will force Disney into a write down which will lower the value of their company.
'It's definitely in the "not a sure thing" bucket,' said analyst David Bank.
Other Wall Street brokers in a circular sent to investment firms expressed doubt that the film would be a box office smash.
Angelina recruited her daughter Vivienne Jolie-Pitt, five, to star in her first major role as the young Aurora.

article-2582494-1C454A9000000578-455_634x833.jpg

Glamming it up: The Tourist star pictured at the Oscars in March

The beautiful brunette, who has six children with partner Brad Pitt, admitted that the portrayal of Disney's most famous villainess had scared her children.
She said she had to reassure them it was only make up when they visited the set at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire.
Speaking about the role Angelina said: 'She isn't the pretty princess. She isn't a beautiful queen. She's a very awkward, pointy, slightly scary-looking horned creature who goes through a lot in her life, as we discover.'

article-2582494-1C0EA48B00000578-795_634x836.jpg

Cover girl: Angelina looking enchantingly menacing on the cover of Entertainment Weekly

'I hope in the end you see a woman who is capable of being many things, and just because she protects herself and is aggressive, it doesn’t mean she can’t have other [warmer] qualities,' Angelina previously told Entertainment Weekly.

As a woman who is used to dividing opinion, Angelina was clearly attracted to taking on such a 'imperfect' character.

She said: 'It sounds really crazy to say that there will be something that’s good for young girls in this, because it sounds like you’re saying they should be a villain.

article-2582494-1C42CD9D00000578-947_634x368.jpg

Magnificent Malificent: Angelina will next be seen as the evil queen in the Disney movie, due out May 30

'[Maleficent] is actually a great person. But she’s not perfect. She’s far from perfect.
'In general, it’s a very good message to say, "Let’s look at something from the other side."
'But then also, what our challenge will be - and the script writer [The Lion King and Alice in Wonderland's Linda Woolverton] has already cracked it - is not to simplify it, not to just reverse the story but tell a bigger story that doesn’t point the finger [at Princess Aurora] either.'

article-2582920-1C42CC8100000578-671_634x476.jpg

Introducing: The movie will also star Angelina and Brad's daughter Vivienne, who was the only little girl not afraid of her mother's scary costume
The film tells the story of how Maleficent became evil after being betrayed by a child.
Moviegoers only know her character from the cartoon classic Sleeping Beauty while the new film explains how she became evil.

A spokesman for Disney was unavailable for comment.

Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2598396/Maleficent-starring-Angelina-Jolie-scaring-away-investors-thought-horrifying-Disney-movie-goers.html#ixzz2yCzSdMjq

He's looking very good!!

During L.A. Gallery Visit, Gets a Parking Ticket

He's a human masterpiece! Sans Angelina Jolie or his kids, a solo Brad Pitt looked hunkier and more handsome than ever when he stopped by the Fahey/Klein Gallery in L.A. on Friday, April 11.

Wearing a simple white tee, khakis, and sneakers, 50-year-old Pitt gave his trademark hot smirk with his hands casually tucked into his pockets. The Fury actor looked as if he's been bulking up as he bared his buff arms, while walking out of the venue.
Pitt, who chopped his shoulder-length hair in January, looked handsome with his clean-shaven face and golden tresses parted to the side during his gallery stop. Jolie's fiancé has said lopping off his longer locks had nothing to do with personal vanity. "It's for a part," the 12 Years a Slave producer told reporters at the Producers Guild Awards back in January. "It's not a choice!"

Fahey/Klein boasts of an impressive range of photography exhibitions, and is currently showcasing Peter Lindbergh photographs.

The only downside from art and architecture buff Pitt's outing Friday? The actor apparently had a parking ticket once he returned to his car, according to the photographer.
Pitt's latest appearance comes nearly one week after he was spotted enjoying a romantic West Coast getaway with Jolie, checking into a Beverly Hills hotel last Saturday, April 5.

Source: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...y-actor-looks-hot-gets-parking-ticket-2014114

Attachments

• br1.jpg
    br1.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 1,207
  • br2.jpg
    br2.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 1,007
The paps do seem to find the celebs don't they?

Adults only! Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie leave their brood at home as they enjoy a romantic minibreak

They are kept more than a little busy in their day-to-day lives thanks to their six children.

But over the weekend, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt decided to leave their brood at home to indulge in some adults-only time by going on a romantic minibreak together.

The pair were seen with their arms wrapped around one another as they made their way from their car into the hotel to begin their chilled out weekend.

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/06/article-0-1CE0460900000578-787_634x668.jpg
The look of love! Angelina Jolie looked thrilled as she ad Brad Pitt arrived for an adults-only minibreak together in Los Angeles over the weekend

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/06/article-0-1CE0469E00000578-175_634x773.jpg
Smitten: The pair wrapped their arms around each other as they headed from the car into the hotel

Ever the gentleman, Brad carried the majority of the bags, while Angelina toted just a weekend holdall as they headed inside.

Angelina went for her usual black ensemble, wearing a black loose top and pair of black trousers, set off with a pair of aviator sunglasses and leaving her brunette hair loose and straight.
Brad, meanwhile, opted or a casual ensemble of cream chino-style trousers with a white T-shirt, loose denim jacket and plimsolls.

The pair's outing came as it was claimed earlier this week that the pair are finally planning to tie the knot this summer.

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/06/article-0-1CE045F300000578-526_306x475.jpgi.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/06/article-0-1CE0461F00000578-499_306x475.jpg
Sticking to black: Angelina stuck to her favourite colour of black for the time away without their six children

According to reports, Brad and Angelina have been trying to arrange the ceremony at their French chateau for the past three summers, but other commitments have delayed their nuptials.

A source said: 'It's been a long time coming but finally it is going to happen.'

But the wedding won't be like any normal ceremony - with reports that Brad is keen to call in some favours and arrange for the Kings of Leon to play for his special day.

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/06/article-0-1CE045B200000578-636_634x559.jpg
Ever the gent: Brad made sure he carried the majority of the bags, while Angelina took charge of her holdall

However, the Sex On Fire rockers have a few UK dates lined up for the summer, including headlining Isle Of Wight festival in June, and Brad it hoping they can make 'dates work'.

A source told The Sun newspaper: 'Brad ended up partying with Kings Of Leon when they played in Los Angeles last week. He spent most of the night talking to Caleb and he sounded them out about playing.
'It will happen if they can make the dates work.'
Brad and Angelina met on the set of Mr. and Mrs. Smith in 2005 and got engaged in April 2012.

She wears the same stuff over and over. Her colors are black and grey.

I was listening to the Adam Carolla podcast yesterday and someone had just seen Angelina leaving a restaurant with a girlfriend. He said she was smaller than he expected, looked a little older, and had the best posture in the entire world.