The Amazing Alexa Club...

She's here! And it only took about 2 seconds to not even care where it's made :lol:
I'm in love with this leather - it's so thick and smushy but still holds it's shape. It was packaged so nicely - apparently it came from the NYC store. It was in it's dustbag, then gift-wrapped in Mulberry tissue paper and a bow, then into the shopping bag, and then the shopping bag was tied up with a bow.
I'm surprised at how much fits, too. I was able to put a mid-size wallet (LV Compact Curieuse for size reference), my phone, sunglasses in their slim hard case, my LV toiletry 15 full of stuff, and my keys with no problem. I could have fit a little more in there too if I wanted. And that's without releasing the little cinching straps on the side. Very impressed!
Also, this is a tall girl friendly bag - I'm 5'9" and the strap was plenty long. It was already buckled somewhere in the middle, and I still shortened it up one more hole (please forgive my scrubs, I had just gotten home from work).
So happy to finally have this, I didn't even take off the protective plastic bits before I took a picture:P

Congratulations - I’m so glad she was worth the wait for you! Enjoy!

Reactions: mgrnt
Spotted some new Alexas coming soon on the Mulberry UK website...

Crimson Heavy Grain Alexa https://www.mulberry.com/gb/shop/women/coming-soon/alexa-crimson-heavy-grain

G_HH6746_736L105

Mini Alexa Cloud Tweed https://www.mulberry.com/gb/shop/family/alexa/mini-alexa-cloud-tweed-silky-calf

G_RL6896_106D140

Hello Alexa people!
This is probably in the wrong site but... yesterday, I unwrapped my Alexa (standard size) in Mulberry green and she is very lovely but I am struggling to work out how to open and close her without needing 3 hands and something to rest her on. Does anyone else have a problem with this? I am trying with my Samorga liner which helps keep the shape and makes it a little easier to turn the postman lock but I'm now 20210504_193314.jpgrather disappointed. Is it just me?

Reactions: Lenna.V
Hello Alexa people!
This is probably in the wrong site but... yesterday, I unwrapped my Alexa (standard size) in Mulberry green and she is very lovely but I am struggling to work out how to open and close her without needing 3 hands and something to rest her on. Does anyone else have a problem with this? I am trying with my Samorga liner which helps keep the shape and makes it a little easier to turn the postman lock but I'm now View attachment 5076565rather disappointed. Is it just me?

Whoah, that is one stunning shade of green! I only have the mini size but can attest to the bag being rather difficult to close with the turnlock when it's empty. Now granted, the load of stuff I carry with the mini size would always prevent this from happening, but I understand your frustration of wanting to be able to use the bag with ease.

If this size in this color is something you couldn't live without, working with ways to make the bag work for you might be the answer. But if you feel it'll bug you every time you're using the bag, I'd say return it.

(Have similar dilemma with my mini Alexa in chestnut. I can't stand bags without slip pocket on the bag but decided to accept the fact with Alexa since I absolutely need this iconic bag in my collection)

Whoah, that is one stunning shade of green! I only have the mini size but can attest to the bag being rather difficult to close with the turnlock when it's empty. Now granted, the load of stuff I carry with the mini size would always prevent this from happening, but I understand your frustration of wanting to be able to use the bag with ease.

If this size in this color is something you couldn't live without, working with ways to make the bag work for you might be the answer. But if you feel it'll bug you every time you're using the bag, I'd say return it.

(Have similar dilemma with my mini Alexa in chestnut. I can't stand bags without slip pocket on the bag but decided to accept the fact with Alexa since I absolutely need this iconic bag in my collection)
So I sent her back and ordered the small soft Bayswater in Crimson instead. She arrived yesterday and is truly stunning, the photo doesn't really do her justice but, 20210527_000509.jpg I really liked the Alexa .... please tell me do you ever get used to how tricky the Alexa is to get in and out of! I am wondering if I should have persevered for a bit longer!

So I sent her back and ordered the small soft Bayswater in Crimson instead. She arrived yesterday and is truly stunning, the photo doesn't really do her justice but, View attachment 5093832 I really liked the Alexa .... please tell me do you ever get used to how tricky the Alexa is to get in and out of! I am wondering if I should have persevered for a bit longer!
Whoah congrats, I bet the color is even more gorgeous in person. Regarding the mini alexa, I decided to live with its hassle since the bag design has sentimental value to me 10 yrs ago when it was first launched. The way I work around it is to either have the flap shut either by the turnlock or the magnets, never both. The two magnets itself are quite strong and sometimes I'd find the flap just snaps back instantly once I let go of it.