The Alma Design

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Does anyone know if the Alma design is LVs original design? Or is it a design that many companies just often used in the past?
    Because I saw a similar style at another store and I was wondering about this.

2. The Alma design is a LV classic. Often imitated but can never be duplicated! :P;) I have bags by other designers with a similar shape, but they weren't first with it...LV's Alma has been around for a very, very long time.

3. I was curious about this too, since I just got an Alma in Vernis. I had a Dooney in a similar shape a few years ago and it actually slouched and was a pain to lug around and zip up, because it slouched so much. The Vernis Alma I just got seems to be stiffer and holds its shape better and so it is much easier to use.

4. I read somewhere that the Alma was designed back in 1930's for a famous high end designer. Can you guess who?

5. Hint???? :graucho:

6. Coco Chanel

7. ^^^Yup! Quite ironic isn't it? Especially with Chanel prices these days, the Alma seems like a classic timeless bargain.

8. So would you buy a bag that had a similar look if it was made by another high end company?

9. I probably would. I think the Alma is unique because it is very structured. It will just depend on the bag. If you wanted a structured look, then LV Alma is probably my top choice. If you still want the dome look but softer leather, then the YSL muse is a very good option. I know Prada also made a dome satchel, and Marc by Marc jacobs has the Aidan satchel, which is also very similar and really affordable. I've never seen it IRL though.