The Garden Party bags thread

Hello ladies!

I have stalking this thread for months admiring your beautiful GP. I have been searching for while for a 36 in black in country leather but all I seem to find available in my local stores and website are Negonda. Is it hard to find this particular combination (black 36 vache country?). I can see a lot of colors available in this leather but not black. [emoji17]

Any information regarding this topic would be so helpful!
Vache will hold the shape better
Negonda gets very slouchy after use
Imo
Wait for the one you really one

Hi GP lovers, I hope to seek your opinion & advise please.
A friend of mine asked if I would like to buy over her brand new GP30 in etoupe/negonda leather, as her laptop couldn't fit comfortably in it.
I have been asking for a black GP30 at my local store for months but no avail.
My SA informed me that she had received bright colors or canvas GPs the past 6 months or so, black/etoupe/'neutral' colors are rather uncommon.

May I ask if it is true - that GP30 usually comes in fun colors instead of neutrals?
If it is so, do you think I should grab the etoupe?
(friend is also selling at a lower price compared to store)

TIA for all your kind advise and comments :smile::flowers:

Reactions: orangefeast
Hi GP lovers, I hope to seek your opinion & advise please.
A friend of mine asked if I would like to buy over her brand new GP30 in etoupe/negonda leather, as her laptop couldn't fit comfortably in it.
I have been asking for a black GP30 at my local store for months but no avail.
My SA informed me that she had received bright colors or canvas GPs the past 6 months or so, black/etoupe/'neutral' colors are rather uncommon.

May I ask if it is true - that GP30 usually comes in fun colors instead of neutrals?
If it is so, do you think I should grab the etoupe?
(friend is also selling at a lower price compared to store)

TIA for all your kind advise and comments :smile::flowers:
I dont think GPs are made in fun colors more frequently than neutrals. I have seen plenty of both around. It might just be that there is not as much of a demand for neutral GPs at your store, so your store doesn't receive that many shipments of them, and they are routed elsewhere. When I was getting my bordeaux GP, my store only had neutrals in stock and had to obtain my bag from another store.

I think you should get the etoupe if that is what you want! If you still have your heart set on black, I would wait it out and not settle. I think there are plenty of black GPs on the resale market, so I would look there if you do not want to wait to buy one from a boutique.

I am not sure if there is a post for my question. I am looking at getting a Garden Party tote but I had seen some pictures where the inside of the bag with a design interior and not the normal beige color. Is it a special order for the interior with the design? I went on the website and it only shows the beige interior.

I am not sure if there is a post for my question. I am looking at getting a Garden Party tote but I had seen some pictures where the inside of the bag with a design interior and not the normal beige color. Is it a special order for the interior with the design? I went on the website and it only shows the beige interior.

The silk interior isn’t a special order, it’s an option and more expensive. They used to offer on Hermès online.

Yes, haven't seen one of these around for a while though.
I will go to the stores and see if they have that option. I just have to decide on the exterior color. The dark blue looks so classy and so does the dark beige. Very fancy! I am a Chanel gal and will be purchasing my first Hermes bag. I figure it is still less expensive than a Chanel tote that I was looking at.

I will go to the stores and see if they have that option. I just have to decide on the exterior color. The dark blue looks so classy and so does the dark beige. Very fancy! I am a Chanel gal and will be purchasing my first Hermes bag.
I, too, love the dark blues with the silk'in linings! I hope you are able to find one and then come share it with us. Welcome to the slippery orange slope!

I, too, love the dark blues with the silk'in linings! I hope you are able to find one and then come share it with us. Welcome to the slippery orange slope!

Yogis mistakenly wrote 'silk' lining on a bag already sold but the description's wrong, the print linings are not silk but printed canvas.

I will go to the stores and see if they have that option. I just have to decide on the exterior color. The dark blue looks so classy and so does the dark beige. Very fancy! I am a Chanel gal and will be purchasing my first Hermes bag. I figure it is still less expensive than a Chanel tote that I was looking at.

The bags with printed lining come in a range of colours but not every colour and in the last batches only in size 36. They were also difficult to get hold of as a walk-in and were mostly reserved for existing customers. Not impossible to find though as there were many on US hermes.com.

Dark blue options would be limited to:
Bleu de Prusse Vache Country with Vert Fonce over-dye interior OR
Bleu Indigo Negonda with Camail print OR
Bleu Indigo VC with Manufacture de Boucleries lining

They are all a bit more $$ than the usual all-leather GP

These were out a year - two years ago so you'd have to get a move on.

Reactions: cafecreme15
Yogis mistakenly wrote 'silk' lining on a bag already sold but the description's wrong, the print linings are not silk but printed canvas.

The bags with printed lining come in a range of colours but not every colour and in the last batches only in size 36. They were also difficult to get hold of as a walk-in and were mostly reserved for existing customers. Not impossible to find though as there were many on US hermes.com.

Dark blue options would be limited to:
Bleu de Prusse Vache Country with Vert Fonce over-dye interior OR
Bleu Indigo Negonda with Camail print OR
Bleu Indigo VC with Manufacture de Boucleries lining

They are all a bit more $$ than the usual all-leather GP

These were out a year - two years ago so you'd have to get a move on.

Hopefully, they will have some options in London for me! Thank you for the info!!

Reactions: papertiger