The Garden Party bags thread

That colour is gorg!!! What is it??
If they had a gp36 in Vache Country I might’ve gone for the bigger size! The negonda I saw was slouching at the bottom and I didn’t quite like that look.
Thank you! It’s Bordeaux! I had my SA track down this bag in these exact specs because I don’t like Epsom and I didn’t want my bag to become too slouchy over time because I plan to use it as a structured work tote. 36 in vache, is a little harder to come by, but it’s out there!
Love your Bordeaux GP !! Such a practical and beautiful bag.
Thank you!! I’m still waiting for the perfect one to break her out.

***I finally did it!! My first Hermès bag! Allow me to share my story (long one sorry!! But there’s eye candy at the end, promise!)***

The plan was to go into Chanel to pick up the classic flap... alas, it was out of stock. And my favourite SA was on leave as well. You know what they say, everything happens for a reason. We found ourselves way too early for our dinner reservation and why... as luck will have it, the resto was a few doors away from Hermès. I said to my husband “hmm, I wonder if they would have a garden party in all-leather in size 30 for me to look at”. (It was the next bag on my wishlist) So in we went...

I saw the canvas GP36, instantly I knew it wasn’t for me. I asked the SA if they had a leather GP30 and she said... YES! I knew I wanted a neutral (along the lines of etoupe), or something in the rouge family. In a pinch, I told myself that a dark blue would work as well. The SA checked on her phone and told me they only had two leather GP30 - in rose pourpre and malachite. Hmm... not exactly my choice, but I thought might as well try it out for size. I picked to see the Rose Pourpre... and well, as soon as she drew the bag out of the dustbag I fell in love. Fast. I’d never tried a GP on prior to this, so you could say it was love at first sight. I asked to see a GP36 in etoupe (a colour of my choice) to compare but I much preferred the size of the 30. I also asked to see the Malachite but Miss Rosie had my heart... Now, Miss Rosie came in Vache Country and the Malachite in Negonda leather. As a complete newbie to Hermès, I preferred Vache Country it felt more structured compared to negonda (which was more slouchy and relaxed).

So here she is... my first Hermès bag, the Garden Party 30 in Rose Pourpre, Vache Country leather. I had fun picking out a twilly for her as well (although I think she may need one more )
View attachment 4073020 View attachment 4073022

Thanks for letting me share!

Can I ask what store you purchased from? I know it's been over a month but i'm searching for a GP30 in Malachite!!!

Reactions: erevex552
So I m getting more and more interested in purchasing a GP in the larger travel size (bigger than 36). How difficult is it to find these bags? Do you guys have any advice? There isn’t much about them online.