The Garden Party bags thread

Loving everyone’s Garden Party’s ! I am on the hunt for a neutral color in a size 30 but unfortunately here in Florida it’s slim pickings at the moment! I already have an etoupe Evelyne and a gold double sens. Would a gris asphalte look too similar to etoupe? Do stores re stock these bags often ?

Hello, I've found the same, such low stock for several months. Ever since I decided a GP30 would be ideal for me, production seemed to come to a halt. :shrugs: Hoping to see more trickle in for spring. Regarding your question, I just saw this post that may help, as it shows both etoupe and gris asphalte in the same photo. Best wishes with your search!

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/do-i-need-another-neutral.978276/page-3#post-31977735

Reactions: simone72
Hello, I've found the same, such low stock for several months. Ever since I decided a GP30 would be ideal for me, production seemed to come to a halt. :shrugs: Hoping to see more trickle in for spring. Regarding your question, I just saw this post that may help, as it shows both etoupe and gris asphalte in the same photo. Best wishes with your search!

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/do-i-need-another-neutral.978276/page-3#post-31977735
Thank you looks like etoupe and Gris asphalte are very similar !

Reactions: etoile de mer
Well ladies I can finally join the club. I finally took the plunge and bought a Negonda Black with Silver Hardware Garden Party 30 and I am so excited. I know that I am not in the league with many of you gracious ladies, but I am never the less thrilled to be a member. Here is a pic with my old Hermes Scarf inside the bag. I must say that I am shocked how much this bag holds comfortably and it is not nearly as heavy as I thought it would be.
View attachment 3939798
Congrats on your first H bag. We all have to start somewhere and H bags are not small investment regardless of the style. You chose a color and size that you can probably use for many years and love the twilly you pick too. Enjoy and savor !

Reactions: Purseloco
Congrats on your first H bag. We all have to start somewhere and H bags are not small investment regardless of the style. You chose a color and size that you can probably use for many years and love the twilly you pick too. Enjoy and savor !
Thank you! It took me along time to get here. Here is a pic with her new twilly. IMG_2530.jpg

It is such a lovely bag that doesn't shout it is Hermes. I couldn't believe my luck when yesterday I walk into Hermes Selfridges and ask for GP 36 in etoupe and the lovely SA tells me let me check with the management goes to the stock room and comes back with it. Beautiful beautiful bag !!!!!

Congratulations!

Reactions: gypas
I’m excited to say that I think I will be joining this group in a few months! I need a new work bag and have been between the garden party and one of the Chanel seasonal shopping totes. But I have been so put off by Chanel’s insane price increases that I have decided to go with my first love, the garden party. I was hesitant at first because it seems like a high price for what is essentially a tote without too much design, but then I realized that the craftsmanship and quality far surpasses my other options, and that I can always dress her up a little with a twilly. Now I just have to decide if I want to go with the lighter weight Epsom leather and take my chances with wear to the corners or if I should go with the more heavy duty but also more heavy weight negonda [emoji848]

Last edited:
I’m excited to say that I think I will be joining this group in a few months! I need a new work bag and have been between the garden party and one of the Chanel seasonal shopping totes. But I have been so put off by Chanel’s insane price increases that I have decided to go with my first love, the garden party. I was hesitant at first because it seems like a high price for what is essentially a tote without too much design, but then I realized that the craftsmanship and quality far surpasses my other options, and that I can always dress her up a little with a twilly. Now I just have to decide if I want to go with the lighter weight Epsom leather and take my chances with where to the corners or if I should go with the more heavy duty but also more heavy weight negonda [emoji848]
go with negonda it is a good leather for daily work bag, u will have no worries .

How does the handles and corners stand against wear? How heavy is leather GP in size 36? I'm not familiar with H and am looking for a lightweight but durable workhorse which can fit hold my laptop.

Overall, it’s a really sturdy bag. I’ve used both of mine heavily, and the corners are a bit rubbed but you have to look closely to see it. And because I’ve overloaded mine with heavy things, the handles have stretched a little.

I don’t think the leather GP is particularly heavy for a bag it’s size. The fact that it’s lined in toile instead of leather and has minimal hardware helps keep it light. My problem is because it’s a tote, I make it heavy with too much stuff! And the handles can go over your shoulder but it can be a tight fit, especially with a heavy coat.

Reactions: ipsum
Overall, it’s a really sturdy bag. I’ve used both of mine heavily, and the corners are a bit rubbed but you have to look closely to see it. And because I’ve overloaded mine with heavy things, the handles have stretched a little.

I don’t think the leather GP is particularly heavy for a bag it’s size. The fact that it’s lined in toile instead of leather and has minimal hardware helps keep it light. My problem is because it’s a tote, I make it heavy with too much stuff! And the handles can go over your shoulder but it can be a tight fit, especially with a heavy coat.
Thanks for taking time to share your experience. I'm glad they don't need babying. Do you happen know what's weight of 36 leather one? I'm a bit worried because I've plans to carry my laptop within GP.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking time to share your experience. I'm glad they don't need babying. Do you happen know what's weight of 36 leather one? I'm a bit worried because I've plans to carry my laptop within GP.

I don’t know the weight, sorry (also don’t have a small scale at home to find out). Maybe someone else can chime in?

Reactions: ipsum