The "Aim For The Sun" Icare Club!

Shattrstar, I use it everyday for school. Anyone can use this everyday for work too. During the weekends, or weekdays for daily use, I like to use something like Palermo PM.

Moreover, Icare is not a bulky bag in my opinion. The size is just perfect. My things just fit perfectly. I use this bag in the public transportation during the rush hour and the size is not problem.

At the beginning my only concern was, it was a little heavy. As I said before, if it was just a little lighter, I would give this bag 10 star. However, it has so many functions and I hate to leave it at home.

I live in London and it is raining all the time. Rain is no problem...Shopping with this bag is no problem...Having young children with this bag is no problem...

I used Neverfull GM for school before Icare. Honestly, they cannot be competitive. Icare is much more perfect.

If you need more photos with stuff in it, I can take more photos, so you see what kind of things it holds.

I wish, LV makes same style of bag, with same structure and functionality, but lighter in weight. Until that time, I will use my Icare with joy.

thanks for the reply! pictures are not necessary, i probably should go down and check it out for myself. I was just worried that with so much room, I'd likely want to put my whole life in it! lol. I guess the weight would be a worry, but considering it can be carried crossbody, i do not think i would mind too much : ) It's such a beauty! I want the one in damier ebene too!! :P

Here he is, it's Edward the Prada Trick Robot, he just arrived today and is DIVINE!!!

I'm taking good pics and posting a thread tonight. W00T!!! :jrs:

67rubq.jpg

:bump:

I've been searching for a workhorse bag and I've found it through the Icare!

Now the dilemma, which one to purchase the monogram or the ebene. I will be using it daily, and love the monogram version, however I'm thinking about practicality in regards to the maintenance. I already have a Trevi and I know it's a different bag, but like the Icare, it has handles and straps.

What are your thoughts?

i will use Icare definately, but wenn i work in an office or a Boss......now i dont like it much because it´s too formal and look like a Laptop Bag. I prefer Beaubourg and my Keepall45.

I can't wait to be in this club! I've been looking at the Icare for sometime now. I'm an expat and think this will be the perfect carry-on bag for traveling. I'm torn between wanting the mono or damier ebene. I'm worried about the handles cracking/peeling in the ebene. If anyone has pics, please post... I can't get enough of seeing this bag.

Hey guys! I bought a Icare in Damier Ebene today! I bought it from eBay. But, unfortunately it only came with the bag, canvas strap and the dust bag, no luggage tag and lock! The one who sold it to me said he lost them.
Do you guys know more about the details of this bag? Like when it released... inspired by what or anything else!

Attachments

• DSC02166.jpg
    DSC02166.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 828
Deciding between this and the siracusa to be used as my work/laptop bag. The mono Icare is lovely, but I worry about it being too flashy for work. I LOVE monogram canvas, but I feel self-conscious to take it in certain situations. What do you guys think?

FabulousNerd said:
Deciding between this and the siracusa to be used as my work/laptop bag. The mono Icare is lovely, but I worry about it being too flashy for work. I LOVE monogram canvas, but I feel self-conscious to take it in certain situations. What do you guys think?

I have the same problem trying to decide which work bag to get and realizing it might not be appropriate...that is until I decided to go for the keepall 45 as it'll hold more of my stuff (haha, as if a larger monogram bag is going to be less obvious lol).

In the end, the workplace is full of many kinds of people who will judge on anything and I think for myself, I can't worry about it if I want to enjoy a hard earned purchase!

Good luck with your decision. The icare is now my second choice all time bag. If only they made it in the Macassar line!

I have the same problem trying to decide which work bag to get and realizing it might not be appropriate...that is until I decided to go for the keepall 45 as it'll hold more of my stuff (haha, as if a larger monogram bag is going to be less obvious lol).

In the end, the workplace is full of many kinds of people who will judge on anything and I think for myself, I can't worry about it if I want to enjoy a hard earned purchase!

Good luck with your decision. The icare is now my second choice all time bag. If only they made it in the Macassar line!

Agreed. I would also like to see this in the macassar line. I like silver zipper/padlock better than gold. It`s a pity we can`t choose. I own the Porte Documents voyage GM in the Monogram Macassar Line, and like you I have sometimes thought that it may be too "flashy". But I think it`s so classy and elegant that I don`t care what other think. It require a certain kind of attire, and I wouldn`t wear this bag with sneakers and t-shirt. With a dress jacket and stylish leather shoes and a matching belt on the other hand, it`s perfect!