The age old question.....

Apr 14, 2011
I know that this has been debated many times, but I got my LV this spring (mono speedy 30) I love it but it does get heavy at times.

Now my heart is set on an azur speedy, but I was thinking about getting a 25. Of course the 25 would not be as heavy and I would not have to set it down as often and I feel like it would stay cleaner.

Any advice? From experience how much bigger is the 30, I'm hundreds of miles from a LV store?

The difference between a Speedy 25 and a Speedy 30 is only about 2 inches, and I don't feel that it is a lot lighter. Maybe you should try a different style bag in the Azur, something like the Neverfull which is a great shoulder bag. I personally love the Stresa, because it's light weight. It can also be carried as a handbag and a shoulder bag.

It's not the Speedy size that determines the weight, it's what you put inside of it! Take some stuff out of your Speedy 30... It's always nice to have the option of stuffing it more, but you don't always need to! You may regret getting the 25 on those days you need to put something extra in there.

If you go for the Azur, get the 30!

Here are some pics from other members. I apologize I don't have their TPf names. They are very helpful in comparing the size of the bags. I saved these pics as a reference when I was considering a 25.

Attachments

• speedies.jpg
    speedies.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 149
  • Comparison.jpg
    Comparison.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 161
I've got a Speedy 25 and I love it. Because it's small, it forces me to pack lighter. If I want to pack more items, then I use my Neverfull MM. Also, I am going to be pick up my Speedy 25 in Azur soon..can't wait!

The difference between a Speedy 25 and a Speedy 30 is only about 2 inches, and I don't feel that it is a lot lighter. Maybe you should try a different style bag in the Azur, something like the Neverfull which is a great shoulder bag. I personally love the Stresa, because it's light weight. It can also be carried as a handbag and a shoulder bag.
I agree! Try the NF in Azur. It would bring some variety to your style of bags too.

25 or 30, they're both made of canvas and not that heavy to begin with. It really depends on what you put in it. Personally, I think the 25 is adorable, but I love the extra, "just in case" room of the 30. I can always put in a book, a sweater, it's great for traveling, etc.

With the 25, even if it is smaller, and an ounce or so lighter, if you put the same amount of things in it, it will still weight almost the same.

Either way, enjoy whatever it is you decide to get!

I just got the Speedy Mono 25 yesterday. I ordered online since we don't have a store in my city. I am 5'3" and 117 lbs and feeling a little conscious that the bag looks too small. My hubby and dad are insisting that anything bigger would look too big on me so going to keep it but when in doubt go with the 30!!