The 60-Story House For One Family

Has anyone thought of the fact that he may get a LOT of more more renting it out or selling it if he decides to move out than he would for a small mansion? He could convert it to offices and the like. It's not just wasting money that's his to waste, it's also kind of an investment.

You don't get the point. To some people, more than 50 dollars spent on a bag is greedy and wasteful. It's about perspective, not dollar amount.
There isn't a point that I need to get. I completely am well aware that 50 dollars is alot to spend on a bag to some people. And exactly, it is about perspective, and my perspective is that this is a little over the top. As mentioned, this man seems to do this because he can, he doesn't need a 60 story palace. But that is my perspective.
This is a very interesting article and an interesting thread, and I would personally love to read everyone's thoughts on this. Let's show respect to the OP and not "hijack" this thread with our conversation.:flowers:

I didn't read this whole thread but it 's sad to hear such negative, judgmental and hypocritical comments. Why judge a man so quickly? How do we know he hasn't already contributed to charity or has done other good deeds? This 60-storey house may seem extreme (to you/us) but spending thousands of dollars on bags can also be viewed as extreme (to other people)!

Yes, this may seem like overkill to you and I, but when you have so much wealth what would you do??? Yes, you could donate to others but we have no reason to assume he hasn't already done so. Some people invest in businesses and stocks....this is a business!!!

I'd imgaine with 60 stories and a staff of 600 there are indeed going to be live in staff as well. So he's created 600 jobs and probably also housing dozens of people besides his family. Wow, what a great way to invest in real estate, live comfortably, and still fuel the local economy.

I could see 60 stories filling up rather quickly if you had a staff that large and unlimited financial resources.

The thing about this, I don't even know if I could personally live there because to me it is a building not a home. I would not be comfortable with so many people in my personal space like that. Good luck to them though.

Liberté;2912288 said:
Has anyone thought of the fact that he may get a LOT of more more renting it out or selling it if he decides to move out than he would for a small mansion? He could convert it to offices and the like. It's not just wasting money that's his to waste, it's also kind of an investment.

I agree. India's economy is booming. Mumbai is only becoming more populated, housing prices are increasing. He has a 60 story building in a desirable part of town.

As for a staff of 600 for a 6 member family. Yes, that does sound excessive, but obviously the article was published to elicit some kind of "that's ridiculous" response. If it didn't read as excessive, the media would not comment on it, because why would they comment on something ordinary?

Americans, as a whole, are the most wasteful people on the planet in terms of fresh water, energy and other resources. I think we need to evaluate ourselves before bashing ONE man in India who is taking advantage of his wealth

ASMEN SISTER.

Please be respectful in the way you present your thoughts to other members.

Nothing I have posted was being disrespectful. You made a choice to post about your thoughts and views; I posted about stating facts, instead of blaming the guy for the way he spends his money. No one is judging you. I don't see anyone attacking. Some of your comments were unfairly thought out, because you don't know this man's reasoning on why he built a high rise. However, I also don't understand why it is upsetting you. You keep saying you have hit close to home, which is strange.(What do you mean, you have hit close to home)???? We are discussing our thoughts. What has me confused is how upset you seem to be at how a very wealthy man has decided to spend his money. Tell me what made you feel that I was being disrespectful? I don't agree with your views and opinions. You are sharing yours as I am sharing mine.