The 60-Story House For One Family

alvie223

Apr 24, 2006
I agree its more than necessary however I do understand that those who have not always had money feel teh need to live in over-abundant luxury to make up for what they may not have always had.

BagAngel

Louis Vuitton Addict
O.G.
Oct 30, 2006
UK
On thinking again about this at least it will give 600 people a home which perhaps they might not otherwise have had in India, a lot of poverty there!

loungegirl

O.G.
Oct 24, 2006
There isn't a point that I need to get. I completely am well aware that 50 dollars is alot to spend on a bag to some people. And exactly, it is about perspective, and my perspective is that this is a little over the top. As mentioned, this man seems to do this because he can, he doesn't need a 60 story palace. But that is my perspective.
This is a very interesting article and an interesting thread, and I would personally love to read everyone's thoughts on this. Let's show respect to the OP and not "hijack" this thread with our conversation.:flowers:
Do celebrities (or any wealthy people) need to live in those huge mansions?
Donald ***** (and many developers) builds condominium buildings to sell/make money off people; this man is building this for his family and even if he does not NEED a 60-storey palace, why should HE be judged when all rich people have extreme indulgences just the same.

Similarly, we buy thousands of dollars worth of purses because we CAN; we don't need it either. We wouldn't want people to judge us do we? Besides, maybe that man is "shallow, obsessing in real estate".

Aug 14, 2006
Wow, you girls are all getting worked up for nothing. There is no way this building can actually be built PHYSICALLY. This type of structure cannot withstand 60 storeys. With one big gust of wind, this thing will come down faster than you can say "bollywood"!

And who knows, maybe it's a hoax, you know that Prada can be pretty crafty!

purplekitty

Certified bag addict
Mar 31, 2006
Do celebrities (or any wealthy people) need to live in those huge mansions?
Donald ***** (and many developers) builds condominium buildings to sell/make money off people; this man is building this for his family and even if he does not NEED a 60-storey palace, why should HE be judged when all rich people have extreme indulgences just the same.

Similarly, we buy thousands of dollars worth of purses because we CAN; we don't need it either. We wouldn't want people to judge us do we? Besides, maybe that man is "shallow, obsessing in real estate".
All relatively somewhat true, but none of us or celebrities are buying/building a 60 story mansion with a 600 person staff for a four to five person family; it's so absurd that it's unheard of and so rare(I don't think it's ever happened.)