The 4 choices....

Munchkyn

I LOVE Penguins
O.G.
Oct 28, 2005
There are so many similar threads about this but I myself want to get my first LV. My bf is getting it for me for my b-day at the end of the month and I want to choose a bag I feel I can use for a long time especially when he is buying it for me.

Ok so here are my choices: LV epi speedy in mandarin, LV damier riberia mini, LV batignolles horizontal, or LV batignolles vertical. Here is how I am trying to break this down. When I go to work I usually dress up in black pants or any casual dress pants from a place like The Limited, love their dress pants, and a nice button up shirt or sweater. On my downtime, I really like to wear jeans, fitted t-shirts, or just t-shirts, hoodies, and low key shoes like kangaroos, etnies, vans, etc. I want a bag that can encompass both the dressier side of me but also my low key side. I think the epi speedy in mandarin is not like every other LV bag which I like and the Damier riberia shape is so different too and will go cute with jeans for going out. Now the LV batignolles horizontal and vertical I like b/c they seem very functional but I don't know if I want to have my first LV be a mc canvas yet I know if I purchase either, I will probably enjoy in so many ways... it's just so difficult especially when it mean a lot to me that my bf is getting it and it is my first one.
Here are pics but I know you all know what they look like except for the batignolles horizonatal, no pics on eluxary.

Please help me make the best choice!

Attachments

• p10333247_ph_althero_Mandarin.jpg
    p10333247_ph_althero_Mandarin.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 62
  • p10388395_ph_hero.jpg
    p10388395_ph_hero.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 52
  • p10885615_ph_hero.jpg
    p10885615_ph_hero.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 58
Ok, I'm going to try to put myself into your shoes here:

When it comes to my bf letting me choose a gift, his criteria is usually to get something that's unique and very special so it reminds you of him everytime you see it and not every other girl at the mall has one. He also prefers it's something that I'll use often, instead on a special occasion. I assume this goes for most of the bfs out there...

So I'll choose the mandarin speedy because it is very unique and classy. Not alot of people have this one and it goes with casual clothing but downside is it might be a tad bit "loud" for work. I would cross out the mini riberia because it's just too small to be practical and you might not get many use out of it then bf will be sad. Although it is hella cute! As for the LV batignolles, as much as I love the practical usage of this bag, I wouldn't want my bf to get this one as my first LV because to me the monogram is very typical and alot of the gals out there carry such bag. This is a bag that I think most people will eventually get sometimes in the future because to me it's a "must-have" bag but then it's also very typical do you know what I mean. It's just something I wouldn't want a bf to get for me as a sentimental gift. It's a bag that I see myself buying it for myself, instead of from a bf. I don't know if this make sense or not. I just think the mandarin speedy is very special and it should be coming from a special love one. Well, these are my 2 cents.

I'd go with the mandarin speedy too. It's not easily faked, it'll probably last longer than the others, and that external pocket is really handy for your phone.

I love the mandarin Speedy! Still thinking about buying one :love: I'd go for that one. It's different, and I think it can go with either work clothes or casual outfits.

As much as I love my Batignolles Horizontal, I'd vote for the Mandarin Speedy as well. It's more unique, and if I'm not mistaken, the color won't be available forever as LV changes the Epi colors periodically (whereas you can always buy Mono and Damier bags).

I'd go w/ the Mandarin Speedy, then the mini Ribera. The other posts were correct IMO by stating that you can always just get the Batignolles any other time.

pseub said:
As much as I love my Batignolles Horizontal, I'd vote for the Mandarin Speedy as well. It's more unique, and if I'm not mistaken, the color won't be available forever as LV changes the Epi colors periodically (whereas you can always buy Mono and Damier bags).
Ditto

I was thisclose to buying the Mandarin Speedy yesterday at my visit to the LV boutique (sadly, I walked away because I can buy it on Elux w/o tax). It is gorgeous in person and fits beautifully on the wrist or in hand. The color is juicy and works well with jeans or pants. The golden hardware complements the warm tones of the orange very well.

The Mandarin Speedy would be an outstanding bag for your first LV and will bring you endless amounts of enjoyment and entertainment. Don't burden yourself with the vachetta and ubiquity of the MC. The damier is fine, but I think that the Epi Jasmin is a much more elegant take on the doctor bag shape. And as all of us know here, you will eventually acquire the other bags with time. :smile: