The $360 Anti-Aging 24 Carat Gold Leaf Facial

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. [​IMG]
    Luxury: A customer enjoys the £180/$360 facial, which uses 24-carat gold leaf

[​IMG]
    Midas Touch: Paris Hilton has also tried the Gold finger look, in an advert for Prosecco

A beauty company has promised that the precious metal - which it is using in a facial - has many benefits, leaving customers looking younger and banishing their wrinkles.
    The Luxe 24 Karat Gold Facial uses the highest grade of gold leaf in an 80-minute procedure which costs £180. The flakes of gold leaf are laid on the face, before being massaged in.

UMO - the company behind the facial - claimed that the procedure will result in firmer, brighter and more supple skin.
    The treatment's use of the metal follows a strong historical tradition. It is said that Cleopatra slept in a gold mask every night, and Chinese empresses supposedly used gold rollers to massage their faces.
    However, the precious metal has not been commonly used for modern day treatments because it is very difficult to make it penetrate the skin.

UMO claims that it has developed technology which allows staff at the Charleston Place spa in South Carolina, where the 24-carat facial is offered, to overcome this problem.
    It is following a trend for ever more luxurious beauty treatments, such as using caviar as a conditioner on the hair. Sturgeon eggs are also used in La Prairie's products, whose fans in Hollywood include Angelina Jolie, and facials which use diamonds and pearls are also available.

in- fact, the main drawback to being painted gold is the risk of overheating - and perhaps the possibility of being mistaken for Paris Hilton in the latest Rich Prosecco commercial :s

The Dailymail

2. that customer looks no older than 21.

If I get such a facial, im keeping the gold pieces that they take off my face when the facial is over. make me a bracelet

i'll also stick to my $10 soap thank you very much lol

3. :blink: :blink: :blink:

What a waste! So they're basing the supposed health benefits on Cleopatra? We don't even know for sure what she looked like!

4. Yeah, and some earrings too! :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

5. i wonder if it actually works (don't know much about the anti-aging properties of gold) or if it's just used for the sake of opulence.

i have a sheet of gilding 24k gold left over from a design project - wonder if i should rub it all over my face tonight! :lol::lol:

6. I actually bought a package of 3 sessions to get 24k gold mask, and today I'm having my final. It is very different than the picture above, I had no leaves applied like that on my skin, the therapist had them dissolved in a gel with nutrients and also had a light electric current on my face with special pads (feels like a little tingle not like being electrocuted btw), I guess they use gold because it is the best electric conductor of all metals? IDK. Well I'm happy about the results, and it didn't cost 360. The cost was 60 euro per session which in my book it is good. And I got a free eye mask.

7. ^ Interesting. Thank you for sharing.

The most exotic facial I ever got done was with green clay.