The 2021 School Year and Coronavirus

The laws are quite different in the USA, plus people are so litigious in general.
This is going to be a long, long winter.....

Astra Zeneca had problems with the trials according to TV5... Oh Joy!
Yes, I read about Astra Zeneca.

However, sinofac’s vaccine that is trialling in various countries seem to be promising. At the moment...hope it’ll be a successful one

Reactions: limom
My grade 12 child is finally back to school today. Masks are mandatory, they've limited the classes to 3 periods/day rather than 5 to avoid as much contact and mingling. I'm hopeful..this needs to happen. Online learning just won't cut it here for the career path my child wants to take and (if it's open) attend university next year.

Reactions: limom and maria28
NIU has “temporarily“ gone to e-learning after 120 students have confirmed cases. I’m curious about my nail ladies daughter she went back too school and was having anxiety over it because she was at school when this started and had to go home early because of covid. She said that they’re doing everything different because of covid, so I asked is she getting a room to her self, nope she’ll still have 2 other roommates. I asked so how do they isolate if one of them has it, the other two are isolated in the same room, what about all the other students/classes the other roommates are in do they also have to isolate? No real answers to how they’re planning on managing other than the infected have to isolate.

I cant believe they thought it was a smart idea to bring kids back to college and put them in dorms! My area had low numbers until the college opened up and now our numbers are record breaking high....and then they are talking about having college football. This is crazy!!
I guess sports is more important than education and health in some areas. I don't get it either. I have lots of relatives in Iowa who are expressing the same concerns about sports v. health. I know Iowans are invested in their cyclones and hawkeyes, but at some point you have to consider the health of the team and the fans.

Sports bring in money so of course they want to continue with them. The girl who dose my nails her daughter went back too school and maybe a week or two in her room was potentially exposed to covid via someone on her soccer team. She freaked out and told her softball coach along with everyone else she has too. I guess her dorm is like a apartment so her roommate stayed in her room and she camped out in the living room luckily her roommate tested negative. I can’t imagine going though an entire year like this. She also have to text her temp to the RA every morning.

Sports bring in money so of course they want to continue with them. The girl who dose my nails her daughter went back too school and maybe a week or two in her room was potentially exposed to covid via someone on her soccer team. She freaked out and told her softball coach along with everyone else she has too. I guess her dorm is like a apartment so her roommate stayed in her room and she camped out in the living room luckily her roommate tested negative. I can’t imagine going though an entire year like this. She also have to text her temp to the RA every morning.
I can't either. It makes me somewhat glad my kids are still in preschool and kindergarten. Although, getting kids at those ages to look at a screen for 4 hours a day is a Herculean task. Our kindergarten teacher is a god/goddess. That's all I have to say about that.

Reactions: pixiejenna
I feel for the elementary school teachers & students. It is HARD staying at a screen for hours at a time, even with breaks and break out rooms. When I have to do it for professional development and workshops, it tasks me even as an adult.

On one hand, I really appreciate not having face-to-face because it feels safer, but at the same time, I can see how some families are struggling without face-to-face. There is no good solution at this time.