Books & Music The 2018 Reading Challenge

gelbergirl

hubba hubba ;)
O.G.
Sep 23, 2006
Attention readers, what is your goal for reading books this year -
do you have a goal?
We promote reading a few books or many books within this thread!
Welcome!

I usually can cover 20-25 books/year. I missed my goal last year with GoodReads so I’m trying to be more realistic with 15. Busy, hard concentrating lately but I’m hoping I can actually get to 20.

Reactions: HandbagDiva354
I usually can cover 20-25 books/year. I missed my goal last year with GoodReads so I’m trying to be more realistic with 15. Busy, hard concentrating lately but I’m hoping I can actually get to 20.

I know what you mean. Last year my goal was 25 books but I found it hard to focus. I even tried Audiobooks but that didn't work, I kept falling asleep when I started listening...lol.

Reactions: Cookiefiend
I would like to read at least 20 this year. I don’t usually set an amount because some years I read quick easy reads and other times I read older classics like Anna Karenina . I am not the fastest reader and generally like a historical mysteries or mysteries in general. What do you like to read?

Joining. My goal is 50 books.

Just finished The Red-Haired Woman, by Orhan Pamuk. Main theme is patricide, a bit morbid but old Turkish tales weaved in to make the story interesting.

Working on #2 and #3 -
#2 - The Lose Your Belly Diet, by Dr. Travis Stork (discusses how only recently scientists have discovered the importance of the human gut microbiome is to overall health)

#3 - P.S. from Paris, by Marc Levy

I like non fiction, biographies, historical fiction, classic lit, some chick lit (only when I’m in the mood for easy, beach reading), contemporary fiction.

I read tons of books. I guesstimate well over 50 last year.

BUT! I've kinda devolved into reading fluff just for fun and nothing to learn / develop. :doh:

So, I'd like to join with a goal of reading 24 non fiction books - one historical and one current issues / business / personal development - that expand my mind and knowledge base.

I'm really going to need accountability on this. But first I need a good list. :shocked:

Reactions: can_do_mom
My goal is a book a month so 12. That is quite a lot for me as I’m someone who can never finish a book! (I lose interest easily.) I’d like to alternate between a self help/spirituality book one month and then something completely different the next month. So the semi constant will be the self help and spirituality book. I’m trying hard to work on inner peace this year since last year was extremely difficult.