The $14K LV Birkin

I definitely can see a resemblance in the flap, "belt" and loop system, and the bottom corners that screams "Birkin," but I love the more carpet-bag feel of the bag itself and I think the bag is really pretty. I know, you guys are going to banish me from the subforum...but I love it! Yes, I think all the creative minds out there have run out of ideas, and there is no way I would pay $14K for this bag, but if they did another version that was reasonable I would definitely be on board.

LV copied the Bolide into the Alma, so there is precedent!

I am not even that familiar with MJ until I found out about his role in LV. And after seeing some of the recent designs, I have to say I'm probably not going to be one of his fans. Not saying that he's not good, but it's just not my cup of tea.

Then again, a lot of the new designs with LV hadn't been my cup of tea either. Am I getting old or something? Because these "new" and "young" styles are just not appealing to me ... and I don't think I'm that old ...

Baggaholic said:
Please don't feed me to the wolves for this post okay,

As I don't find this bag to be ugly I do find it interesting looking either. It seems Marc Jacobs has run out of creative idea's, does he really think that this is going to be a big seller! I put this right on the list with fake Brikins. I find this as insulting as those people who fake Birkin bags. I can't believe that the LV franchise actually approved this. It's like they are saying it's ok to plagiarize (sp) other people's designs and call it their own. Aren't they against plagiarizing?
well it is their steamer (and that came before the birkin i am sorry but that is the truth ) but they did copy the bolide and named her alma

ETenebris said:
I definitely can see a resemblance in the flap, "belt" and loop system, and the bottom corners that screams "Birkin," but I love the more carpet-bag feel of the bag itself and I think the bag is really pretty. I know, you guys are going to banish me from the subforum...but I love it! Yes, I think all the creative minds out there have run out of ideas, and there is no way I would pay $14K for this bag, but if they did another version that was reasonable I would definitely be on board.

Nobody is going to banish you:flowers: . We all have different views on things. I know that there'll be fans of this LV styles just as there'll be fans of other styles.:yes: It's all good!

lilach said:
well it is their steamer (and that came before the birkin i am sorry but that is the truth ) but they did copy the bolide and named her alma

Speaking of Almas, I remember one of the sales at LV insisted that the Alma was not inspired by anything because it was created for Coco Chanel ... My Hermes SAs found that remark rather amusing.

Well.....hmmmm. This is not my fave at all. And I like most things LV.
The price point is way too high, also. I'd MUCH rather have 2 H Birkins for the price of this bag.

lilach said:
well it is their steamer (and that came before the birkin i am sorry but that is the truth )

I was going to say that too. :lol: I guess I kind of like this one because I :heart: the Steamer. It's such a cool travel bag. I think this spinoff of it is interesting but I wouldn't buy one (even if it wasn't so expensive) because there's too much other stuff I want. :girlsigh:

Hmm. Interesting to hear that the Steamer came before the Birkin. I am not usually an LV fan at all, but I do like this one. But I agree with Greentea...I would rather have two Birkins!

Happy to hear that I am not being banished!

Kou- I was thinking the same thing! I just thought to myself, I would rather save my money and buy a birkin! LOL!!! Never thought I would say that in the same sentence!

jag said:
Kou- I was thinking the same thing! I just thought to myself, I would rather save my money and buy a birkin! LOL!!! Never thought I would say that in the same sentence!

I am of the belief that Hermes promotes good money management skills and better work habits. Yeah, I just keep telling myself that.:yes:

Although i really don't like this particular LV bag, i am a bit fan of the LV RTW by marc jacobs!!!!! :tender: :wlae: The LV RTW by MJ is soooooo cute and adorable!!!! And there are always pieces that i love at first sight :heart: :love:

Baggaholic said:
Please don't feed me to the wolves for this post okay,

As I don't find this bag to be ugly I do find it interesting looking either. It seems Marc Jacobs has run out of creative idea's, does he really think that this is going to be a big seller! I put this right on the list with fake Brikins. I find this as insulting as those people who fake Birkin bags. I can't believe that the LV franchise actually approved this. It's like they are saying it's ok to plagiarize (sp) other people's designs and call it their own. Aren't they against plagiarizing?

I couldn't agree with you more, Bagg!!!!!!:yes: