Food The $14,500 dessert!!

princessaj0603

Happily Engaged!
Jul 2, 2007
This is crazy. Why someone would spend this much on a dessert is beyond me but I HAD to share!!

ENJOY!

b

Back to Story - Help

ap_small.gif

Resort charges $14,500 for dessert

Mon Sep 24, 4:17 PM ET

This dessert may be a little too rich for you, but you're probably not rich enough for it. A Sri Lankan resort is charging $14,500 for what it calls the world's most expensive dessert, a fruit infused confection complete with a chocolate sculpture and a gigantic gemstone.
"The Fortress Stilt Fisherman Indulgence" was created to give visitors at The Fortress resort in the coastal city of Galle a one-of-a-kind experience, said the hotel's public relations manager, Shalini Perera.
The dessert is a gold leaf Italian cassata flavored with Irish cream, served with a mango and pomegranate compote and a champagne sabayon enlighten. The dessert is decorated with a chocolate carving of a fisherman clinging to a stilt, an age old local fishing practice, and an 80 carat aquamarine stone.
The dessert has to be specially ordered, Perera said. Though the hotel has gotten calls about it from as far away as Japan, she said, no one has yet forked over the money to try it.
Copyright © 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Copyright © 2007 Yahoo All rights reserved.Copyright/IP Policy |Terms of Service |Help |Feedback
NOTICE: We collect personal information on this site. To learn more about how we use your information, see our» Privacy Policy
b

b

What will they think of next?:rolleyes: I'd feel too guilty eating all the calories and spending all that money, but I sure would like to see it! Also, the 80 carat aquamarine sounds really nice!

I'd be impressed if it were at least pretty and well-formed...but it actually looks ugly, which is too bad because I was expecting something AMAZING hah